ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

15 Coolest Firefox Tricks Ever

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I generally don't think much of these Top X Lists, but this one seems good and I like lifehack.org.

Everybody’s favorite open-source browser, Firefox, is great right out of the box. And by adding some of the awesome extensions available out there, the browser just gets better and better.

But look under the hood, and there are a bunch of hidden (and some not-so-secret) tips and tricks available that will crank Firefox up and pimp your browser. Make it faster, cooler, more efficient. Get to be a Jedi master with the following cool Firefox tricks.

--- End quote ---

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/15-coolest-firefox-tricks-ever.html

Grorgy:
Thanks for these mouser, some in there i hadnt seen before.  I quite like the lists, each one is a bit different and everyone has a slightly different take on what they like so they arent all the same, and with 10 or 15 'tricks' its not to daunting to go through  them all in one go.  (good procrastinating material  ;))

Hirudin:
Looks like a nice guide! I do have to ask why anyone would use Space and Shift+Space to page up and page down when there's already dedicated PgUp and PgDn keys... usually even on laptops...

jgpaiva:
Looks like a nice guide! I do have to ask why anyone would use Space and Shift+Space to page up and page down when there's already dedicated PgUp and PgDn keys... usually even on laptops...
-Hirudin (May 15, 2007, 05:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, i know quite a few laptops in which the page up/down keys are accessed through fn+up/down.
Also, even on my laptop, i use the j/k keys to go uo/down, because those are the ones used by Vim and are closer to the middle of the keyboard :)

justice:
13) Limit RAM usage. If Firefox takes up too much memory on your computer, you can limit the amount of RAM it is allowed to us. Again, go to about:config, filter “browser.cache” and select “browser.cache.disk.capacity”. It’s set to 50000, but you can lower it, depending on how much memory you have. Try 15000 if you have between 512MB and 1GB ram.
--- End quote ---
(emphasis mine) Something tells me the disk capacity setting will not limit the amount of RAM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version