ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Run once and then delete

<< < (2/2)

usasma:
Why am I using the -v switch?  I copied it from another file while trying to make this thing work.  I'll get rid of it because I can't see any benefit to using it (the reference that I found indicates that it runs regedit in advanced mode - whatever that is)

Why am I using the *.*?  It's a holdover from my days using DOS :)  It's gone too!

As for using the entire path - I'd imagine that that'll work with standard directory structures.  What about those that are different? (that's why I wanted to use the enviornmental variable).

It's slow at work right now - so I'll modify the batch file as indicated and will give it a whirl.  Thanks!

usasma:
I tried it - still not working. 

The first line of the batch file works just fine when executing it.  I still get an error when trying to run it in a cmd window - but we won't be using it that way anyway :)

For the second line, I tried the C:\Docume~1\AllUse~1 path without success.  I tried the copy command (rather than the xcopy) - I get a "The system cannot find the file specified" error.  When I specify the path to the USB drive with the files, this line works just fine (G:\) and it even removes the proxy when all is done.

The third line doesn't delete the ProxyOff.reg - but that's a minor issue and it won't interfere with the running of the tool.

usasma:
I'm considering one of these solutions:
1)  Adding a path statement to the batch file that includes all possible drive letters that the flash drive could be assigned, or
2)  Copying the whole thing to the root/system root and running it from there via a batch file.  I'd have to add something to remove the files from the root/system root when it rebooted tho'

Any comments/suggestions?

jgpaiva:
Any comments/suggestions?
-usasma (May 16, 2007, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think i'd go for the first option, as apparently a "del filexxx" entry in the 'run once' doesn't appear to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version