That's a very interesting thread to me.
WOW David thank you for this info about Columnizer, i find this tool really handy.
Some Info's about Columnizer:
Gulf Coastal Software --- Note: This program is no longer supported.
Columnizer is a special program for working with column and row data.
Found by: David1904
Download: columnzr.zip ~650kB
DL possibility: http://www.simtel.ne...product_page%5D91922
Note you get there an "download-columnzr.zip.exe", start this to download the columnzr.zip ~650kB
(need to find an better DL)
Install: run the Setup.exe or just unpack the Setup.exe with UNIExtract
Size: Columnizer.exe ~ 1MB (300kB geUPXt) that is in total not many more then ~300kB
Stand alone?: Seams to be stand alone, uses an ini and text files to store the setings
Attempt to realign HTML
Insert into a column of data
Insert a column of data
Copy a column of data
Retain / Delete a column of data
Replace data within a column
Insert spread sheet separation character
Insert a row
Delete a row of data
Delete blank lines
Retain / Delete lines per data
Insert lines per data
Insert a carrage control
Vertical column concatenation
Insert incrementing letters
Replace line per data
Horizontal column concatenation
Append lines per data
Retain / Delete starting at specified data
Insert data within line Before / After specified data
Replace data with a top-down data list
Align all data into columns
Find and mark duplicate lines
Replace with special characters
Insert incrementing numbers
Delete leading / trailing blanks
Format for ReadMe
Sort Ascending / Descending and Reverse order
Convert data to Courier font
Total a specified column
Break up file records
Replace any character within a file
New in version 5.38:
1. The 'Vertical Concatenation' combobox entry was not
droping down the correct control.
New in version 5.37:
1. The 'Delete web addresses' routine should be working
2. A 'Delete (Strip out) data' routine was added. This
will strip out chosen data within all lines or bulk
3. Some single line data parameters (10 max) are now
saved in a dropdown box for future use.
New in version 5.36:
1. A 'Delete web addresses' check box was added into
the ReadMe section that should take out all web
addresses for better listening.
2. All check boxes last checked positions are now
New in version 5.35:
1. 'Row: To:' can now be made to auto reset to zeros
(although transparent) before each data modification.
2. ReadMe routine can now delete all tabed lines.
3. User work area colors saved between executions.
4. Routine dropdown box is continuously in view now.
5. There was a program error when the 'Hints' check
box was not clicked.
New in version 5.33 and 5.34:
1. Inconsequential changes were made.
New in version 5.32:
1. The 'Replace Special' routine was not replacing the
correct 'Replace with' character in some cases.
New in version 5.31:
1. The program now expands to larger screen sizes, as well
New in version 5.30:
1. The text in the search boxes are now highlighted upon
New in version 5.29:
1. Replicate data.