topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: pls recommend a good benign keylogger  (Read 35394 times)

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: pls recommend a good benign keylogger
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 01:52 PM »
Given that you're using IE, you probably don't want to hear this, but firefox saves form data by default every minute or two.....

Ehtyar.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 04:12 PM »
What I'd like is a way of clipping a section of text from a Web page, and saving it with the URL included automatically.  I do it now with a batch file that prompts me, but then I have to Alt-Tab back and forth to to Crl-L, Ctrl-C; quick and easy, but it could be quicker and easier still.

Hmmm...  going off topic...

guard

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 02:15 AM »
You may try one of PC Acme Monitor programs, I'm running the version for lan monitoring, it's quite reliable, you may look at www.pcacme.com to choose the software :)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 07:30 AM »
What I'd like is a way of clipping a section of text from a Web page, and saving it with the URL included automatically.  I do it now with a batch file that prompts me, but then I have to Alt-Tab back and forth to to Crl-L, Ctrl-C; quick and easy, but it could be quicker and easier still.

Hmmm...  going off topic...

If I'm reading this correctly, both Evernote and NetSnippets allow you to do this. If you can still find a copy of the free version of Netsnippets somewhere, it does this, brilliantly. Evernote does it as well and is available in a free version.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 10:23 AM »
What I'd like is a way of clipping a section of text from a Web page, and saving it with the URL included automatically.

If I'm reading this correctly, both Evernote and NetSnippets allow you to do this. If you can still find a copy of the free version of Netsnippets somewhere, it does this, brilliantly. Evernote does it as well and is available in a free version.

Darwin,

Do you mean that both of them will include the URL along with the clip, even when the the clip wasn't the whole of the page?

I should still have a copy of free NetSnippets somewhere; I seem to remember reading here that it's been abandoned.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 11:39 AM »
Yes, sadly (and inexplicably to my mind) NetSnippets was abandoned. At any rate, both of them do include the url, regardless of whether or not your selecting the whole page or just a portion of it.

Evernote:
Evernote with url.pngpls recommend a good benign keylogger

Netsnippets:
Netsnippets wth url - better.pngpls recommend a good benign keylogger

EDIT: better Netsnippets screenshot...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 11:43 AM by Darwin »

appyface

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Isn't she beautiful? :-)
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2008, 08:29 AM »
I have perhaps the 2nd ever legitimate use for a keylogger :-)

I am certain (as certain as anyone can be) that the target system is not compromised and does not have spyware, ad-ware, root kits, trojans, etc.

What I do know is that since installing a Microsoft wireless laser mouse and corresponding intellipoint software CD, if occasionally I fumble-finger on the *keyboard* (not using mouse!) while using IE7, a new tab opens and goes right to Zoomit page on Microsoft Sysinternals Technet site.   ????

I have used Zoomit and am quite familiar with it.  But have never installed it (intentionally) on this machine...

So I am interested in a legitimate and honest keylogger, that might help me find out just what I'm typing when I fat-finger and this page opens!

OT to this thread, but just some background on the system.  Didn't come here looking for help solving the underlying problem, but suggestions are welcome for that too.

I have turned off ALL intellipoint features for the mouse with the exception of left and right mouse buttons as 'normal' click actions.  No tilt-wheel, no magnify or zoom, etc.  After having a fat-finger moment and launching the Technet site the very first time, I thought it might be the auto-update process for Intellipoint, I found internet sites on disabling this update checker and did so.  The problem persists, in fact it just happened a moment ago after I fat-fingered and that prompted me to come find this forum.

This system had a Microsoft wireless optical mouse prior to this laser mouse.  The optical did not require the intellipoint software in order to function as a basic mouse (the XP-supplied generic USB drivers worked).  Unfortunately this laser mouse doesn't work reliably even as a basic mouse, without the intellipoint drivers.  I did install this laser mouse on three other XP systems (two XP Pro SP2, one XP pro SP3), all of them needed the intellipoint software for basic mouse operation.

This system is XP Pro SP3 and is behind a firewalled linux gateway server.  It has been scanned with everything I can find to throw at it and it comes up clean.

Also, the culprit may not be the intellipoint software directly.  This system is on a Raritan SwitchMan KVM, I have had problems in the past with the Raritan mis-interpreting keyboard input and doing something unexpected.  The intellipoint software may simply have opened up a new avenue for the Raritan to mess-up :-)  Whatever it is, it is consistent (I think).

I'm going to try some of the keylogger utilities mentioned in this thread to see if any would be helpful. 

Oh, by the way, I do use Ditto clipboard manager and this has come in handy more times than I can count.  Like others here who have lost vast amounts of unsaved typing, I have too and developed the habit of coping to the clipboard frequently so Ditto has it.  Doesn't help with this problem, but Ditto has been great for the other problem.  If configured with 'unlimited' clipboard size, Ditto does have problems with large clipboard copies of large spreadsheets or large word processing documents from Microsoft Office or Open Office, I have set Ditto's clip size down to a reasonable amount to support important tasks as I really don't need the clipboard copy saved from large spreadsheets or word documents anyway.  Just an FYI for anyone using Ditto.

OK now I'm way off topic to this thread, I'm off to see if I can discover a keylogger that can record me doing the fumble-finger to the Zoomit site!

--appyface

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 10:10 PM »
I am not disciplined enough to compose long e-mails/posts in an external editor. I follow the same path as Hirudin - I've been burned enough times that I now hit ctrl-A and Ctrl-C pretty often when writing - because I use Clipmate, this provides me with mutliple backups that I can revisit weeks later, if I haven't deleted the contents of the main clipboard by then.
As I was reading this thread's messages and considering the pros and cons of using a keylogger (for the same purpose as the original poster), I began to think that I should simply make use of Clipmate, my favorite piece of software.  And just as I was thinking this, I came upon your message!  So rather than download a keylogger that will record ALL my keystrokes, including backspacing, etc., I'll just try to remember to hit CTL-A CTL-C frequently when I'm typing a lengthy message that I wouldn't want to lose.  Thanks, Darwin.  :Thmbsup:

EmmaL

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 02:04 AM »
keylogger Mac
keylogger for Mac. I have tested lots of keyloggers and found All In One Keyloggers as the best Keylogger.

I use it to monitor my kids and it does an excellent job.

So, it that keylogger free to use?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:53 AM by EmmaL »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 08:44 AM »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 04:50 PM »
I have tested lots of keyloggers and found All In One Keyloggers as the best
I use it to monitor my kids and it does an excellent job.

All In One Keylogger is $70.
But looking for keyloggers in general, the page to visit is http://www.keylogger.org/

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 06:54 PM »
mmmmmmm, I smell spam.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 03:11 AM »
-yes, I started by writing just that, but gave it up before posting because I didn't bother to take the time and efforts to prove it. But there were probably already several spam posts in the old part of the thread, so you may very well be right, PhilB66.