Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 02:15:03 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Distance Check by Veign  (Read 5104 times)
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 11, 2007, 07:05:34 PM »

A fun little online application that calculates the distance between two zip codes.  The distance is calculated and general information about each zip code, a map for each zip code and approximate driving time is displayed.

Why?

Like most stuff I do its practice.  This one was practicing with Zip Codes and calculating zip codes that may fall within a certain radius of others.  The best way for me to practice is to make something and usually after its made I create a website out of it in case others find some use.

Distance Check:
http://distancecheck.com/

More of my online applications:
http://www.veign.com/downloads.php#onlineapp

As always, if you have an idea for something please let me know.

* distance-check-sm.jpg (44.29 KB, 604x518 - viewed 350 times.)

Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 08:35:38 AM »

This just came up in my Google Alerts so I thought I would update it.  Distance Check went through a major upgrade so check it out.

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:27:24 PM »

Nice!

Chris
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »

Did you try typing in the town or city?  See the drop-down of suggestions with zip codes?

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 08:16:34 PM »

To be honest, I overlooked that on my first visit.
The drop-downs certainly make things more helpful (except for areas large enough to have multiple codes).

Chris
sazzen
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »

A fun little online application that calculates the distance between two zip codes.  The distance is calculated and general information about each zip code, a map for each zip code and approximate driving time is displayed.

I just now came across this thread and only by happenstance. I just wanted to say: Exactly what I needed! Perfect! One of those things that it would never have occurred to me to search out. It will save me hours of work and, no doubt, multiple mistakes. 

Thanks!
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 10:59:08 AM »

Glad you like it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.01 ]