ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ConceptDraw VI Standard on Giveawayoftheday today

<< < (2/2)

thefritz_j:
I get the error when the wizard comes up saying "Preparing Setup" before I can click on anything.

Here's the full error:

Error Code:   -5004 : 0x80070005
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (3093)
PAPP:ConceptDraw VI Standard
PVENDOR:Computer Systems Odessa corp. (www.conceptdraw.com)
PGUID:63910E59-C5D4-4596-A8D0-B9E3F26A3CD0
$11.50.0.42618PAK
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.6000.16441

I clicked on "Report" and it took me to a Installshield web page to submit the bug.

It's too bad, because I really was looking for this sort of tool!  :-\

Carol Haynes:
I don't know why this should happen ... two suggestions you could try;

1) Make sure you have admin rights on you login account and exit all open applications (including those in the system tray) and try again

If that doesn't work try:

2) START > RUN > MSCONFIG go to the Startup tab click "Disable all", then under the "Services" tab check the 'Hide all Microsoft services' tab  and then click "Disable all". Close the window and restart when prompted. Try the install again after it restarts. To restore your normal working setup open the MSCONFIG window (it should already be onscreen) and under the "General" tab select "Normal Startup" and then OK - restart when prompted.

Process 2 above is a good way to make sure no other software interferes with software installation.

lanux128:
thefritz_j, since there is still time (13 hours by my clock), why don't you post at GAOTD's forums? at least the moderators will be aware of the problem and may able to find out the cause.. :)

thefritz_j:
Does it help anyone to know that my system drive is the letter "G:\"?  I have a startup cmd that uses SUBST C: for G: and that works fine.  Anyone heard of non-default letters for drives causing problems?

Thanks

Carol Haynes:
I have had odd issues with non-standard drive letters before now - but can't test this particular package as my system currently uses drive C: for Windows and I currently don't have multiboot partitions set up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version