ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Show/ Do not Show Hidden files and folders

<< < (3/3)

aCkRiTe:
Well I glad you like it and your welcome. I have never used Autoit3 so I dont know too much about it, though I hear they are similar. I dont know if Autoit3 is more or less powerful than AHK, but AHK can do A LOT in my opinion and the people over at the forum are finding that out more each day. I would highly recommand AutoHotKey! I picked it up about 10 months ago and it was so easy to learn. Only background I had in scripting was Windows Shell Scripting, but was able to pick AHK up quickly. They have great documentation and a great forum. Hope this information was some what helpful and some of it is just my opinion. BTW I just came across this forum the other day. I hope to be a little active over here, seems like a great forum!

lanux128:
for the record, i'm impartial but here are some threads from the forum that may help you to make up your mind.. :)

• AutoIt3 versus AutoHotKey
• Living without AutoHotkey - possible?

AndyM:
Here is a way to do it with AHK. It uses the hotkey (WinKey + H). It also refreshes the window as well...

--- ---#SingleInstance Force
#Persistent
#NoEnv
SetBatchLines, -1

Menu,Tray,Tip,ToggleHidden  ; ANDY ADDED THIS LINE

#h::

CheckActiveWindow:
ID := WinExist("A")
WinGetClass,Class, ahk_id %ID%
WClasses := "CabinetWClass ExploreWClass"
IfInString, WClasses, %Class%
GoSub, Toggle_HiddenFiles_Display
Return

Toggle_HiddenFiles_Display:
RootKey = HKEY_CURRENT_USER
SubKey  = Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

RegRead, HiddenFiles_Status, % RootKey, % SubKey, Hidden
If HiddenFiles_Status = 2
RegWrite, REG_DWORD, % RootKey, % SubKey, Hidden, 1
Else
RegWrite, REG_DWORD, % RootKey, % SubKey, Hidden, 2
PostMessage, 0x111, 28931,,, ahk_id %ID%
Return[/size][/size][/size]

You can downlaod here http://www.autohotkey.net/~ackrite/Show%20or%20Hide%20Files-Folders.zip

HTH...
-aCkRiTe (May 17, 2007, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is really handy, and toggles hidden/unhidden and refreshes the folder instantly.
The link is a stand-alone .exe file, but I just pasted the above code into ToggleHidden.ahk, and stuck a shortcut in my start-up folder.

aCkRiTe, you should name this and put it over in "Finished Programs" so more people would notice it!  (and send Donation Credits)

ronriel:
I want the script to refresh/update the desktop and all existing windows as well so i don't have to manually refresh all the other windows and the desktop.
So here's a script in Autoit3. It Refreshes all open windows including the desktop all at once like when you make changes under the view tab of the folder options. It shows system files as well. Just press winkey+h.

Code:
--- ---Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
HotKeySet ("#h", "SH")

Func SH()
        $key = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced"
        $read = RegRead ($key, "Hidden")
        If $read = 1 Then
                RegWrite ($key, "Hidden", "REG_DWORD", "2")
                RegWrite ($key, "ShowSuperHidden", "REG_DWORD", "0")
                UpdateExplorer()
        Else
                RegWrite ($key, "Hidden", "REG_DWORD", "1")
                RegWrite ($key, "ShowSuperHidden", "REG_DWORD", "1")
                UpdateExplorer()
        EndIf
EndFunc

Func UpdateExplorer()
        $Win = WinList ("classname=CabinetWClass")
        If IsArray ($Win) Then
                For $i = 1 To $Win[0][0]
                        DllCall ("user32.dll", "long", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $Win[$i][1], "int", 0x111, "int", 28931, "int", 0)
                Next
        EndIf
        DllCall ("user32.dll", "long", "SendMessage", "hwnd", WinGetHandle ("classname=Progman"), "int", 0x111, "int", 28931, "int", 0)
EndFunc

While 1
        Sleep (10000)
WEnd

and the compiled script..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version