ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Archive Tool

Re: New Review (09/05/05) - Best Archive Tool

<< < (7/10) > >>

zridling:
Not at all, RJ! I considered the command line dimension to the review, but realized that I would be quickly overwhelmed, as that would add more apps than I could review effectively. A LOT of people use the command line, especially if they work at their computer for a living. As such, I considered it a separate review altogether, e.g., Best Command Line Compression Tool.

mouser:
winrar has very good commandline support, doesn't it? i hear this mentioned frequently when people say they like winrar.

Jibz:
I think so .. I only ever use the rar.exe command line tool to create archives :up:.

I also use it from scripts to perform backups. It has some handy features, like automatically adding date and time to archive names.

rjbull:
As such, I considered it a separate review altogether, e.g., Best Command Line Compression Tool.
-zridling (September 07, 2005, 03:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah.  (Is there a smiley for sublime innocence?)  When are you bringing that one out? ::)

rjbull:
winrar has very good commandline support, doesn't it? i hear this mentioned frequently when people say they like winrar.
-mouser (September 07, 2005, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's good.  But, a lot of my archives are made at work, for work.  There's a limit to the amount of my own money that I'm willing to spend for work.  Naturally, the supplied tools are limited by the corporation's willingness to spend money...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version