topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: cd burning  (Read 55632 times)

roady

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: cd burning
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2007, 03:51 AM »
THX for the friendly welcome,Darwin  :)
@ lanux128,the tutorials section and the DiscJuggler version history page at Padus' website aren't still updated about the new version 6,but if you browse around,you'll get a pretty good idea about DJ's capabilities.
It's a professional mastering program,and 1 of the 1st burning programs capable to backup Playstation games and karaoke discs,which both store the extra info in the subchannels.That's something that Nero or Roxio never achieved,backing up copy-protected discs
Now we have CloneCd,Alcohol 120% and BlindWrite as better 1:1 cdcopiers,but these are no mastering programs..... ;)

/rant over/

elpresi

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2007, 12:33 AM »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2007, 03:35 AM »
Now we have ... BlindWrite as better 1:1 cdcopiers,but these are no mastering programs..... ;)

I have a lifetime VSO product license, but the trouble with BlindWrite is there is no way to verify a disc after writing. I have complained about this to VSO a number of times and they have promised it in a future version but until they sort it out I have given up on it.

If you want a bit perfect copy it is important that you can verify that writing has completed correctly.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 03:57 AM »
If you want a bit perfect copy it is important that you can verify that writing has completed correctly.
-Carol Haynes (June 18, 2007, 03:35 AM)

I was using Nero Express last week to burn a (photo) DVD
The verification took an absolute age (I dont think it's the drive - Plextor 716A - it burns at full speed anyway)

Had the idea then to test the next one with DOpus's synchronisation tool which also does a bit-by-bit comparison & it seemed to be a lot faster -
no scientific measurements but will keep track of how long it takes next time I do it.

I'm sure there's other free synchronisation tools out there if people wanted to go that route.

I havent been using Ashampoo Burn (6.5) cause it wouldnt update a multisession disk for me. I would have tried a bit harder - tested on a different disc or something, but I had Nero Express to fall back on so ...
Tom