ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

cd burning

<< < (4/11) > >>

lanux128:
yes, i agree that a new thread would be appropriate but on a general note, is AV necessary for linux? :)

Carol Haynes:
You mean like Mac doesn't get viruses either ...

Seriously I'd guess there is a growing problem under Linux these days but like Mac the user base is so small it has not got to epidemic proportions yet.

Ampa:
Re: Linux viruses... There are a few proof of concept viruses out there, but nothing like the plague that assualts Windows.

However in my opinion, the main concern should be for Windows users.  Now that applications such as Open Office can read Microsoft Word documents and the like, a Linux system will pass on Windows-based viruses in these files, just as happily as a Windows system will.  Therefore Linux users need some system to recognize whether their files are infected with Windows viruses.

kurtzern:
New thread has been begun under "Malware Protection" if any of you helpful people would care to switch with me.
ek

[Edit: Included link to new thread. Carol]

elpresi:
Hi,
I use Imgbrn for image files and PrassiONEs for everything else. It is lightweight and works very well.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Prassi_ONES

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version