ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Folder-RSS: Monitor folder changes via rss

<< < (7/11) > >>

apfel:
Thank you for your answer! :)

[..]It is possible that the bugs you reported with the XML parsing prevent any newsreader from reading it as it breaks the scheme[..]
--- End quote ---

I thought the same, after a look-through the genarated xml file.
I always use the latest Opera versions and your methode unfortunately dont work in newer builds.

Edit: another Bug(bold Text):
First Line:"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"? version="2.0" version="2.0">"

justice:
Loops problems in combination with a inperfect xml parser create this horrible mess of code  :-[

apfel:
I found a (maybe) useful ahk xml function library.
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17549

TucknDar:
major bump :)

Just had a bit of an annoying "debugging" of this, since the xml insisted on titling feeds things like -maxage:7 and -nosub (commandline parameters I've used). Turned out folder-rss needs specific order of parameters to have both correct title and save to specified xml:

--- ---folder-rss.exe "d:\the\dir\to\watch" -maxage:7 -only:folders [-or other parameters] d:\the\output.xmlfrom about, which didn't work:
--- ---folder-rss [-nosub,-only:files|folders|*.ext,+r,+h,+s] <sourcefolder> <destination.xml>so essentially should be in this order:
--- ---folder-rss <sourcefolder> [-nosub,-only:files|folders|*.ext,+r,+h,+s] <destination.xml>

midion:
Can someone help me to make it so this program does this?
EXAMPLE
Files in C:\wamp\www\downloads\snes\D\

RSS File @ "http://www.snesroms.com/rssfiles/SNES_D.xml" shows output like below.

Double Dragon I <-this is a clickable hyperlink to file
Double Dragon II       
Double Dradon III         

So when ever I drop a file into the folder or take one out it auto-updates the RSS Feed.

I over 1,178 folders and a little over 31,284 files to manage. So using RSS feeds seems like the best way to go. 

The webserver is mine and I just remote into at it's datacenter. In all I will be making 1,178 seperate rss feeds. One feed for each folder.  So If I have to move files from place to place. Everything would auto-update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version