ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Folder-RSS: Monitor folder changes via rss

<< < (6/11) > >>

justice:
Righty a long awaited update to Folder-RSS :)
changes for version 0.9

--- ---* repacked with the latest autohotkey - no more false positives from certain virus scanners
* support for Mouser's DcUpdater (let me know if this works well for you - folder-rss checks for updates on start, will make this an option
* new options thanks to donationcoder member requests:
  -only:files|folders = Only include files (-only:files) or folders (-only:folders) (Default is both)
  -only:*.ext = Only include *.ext files (eg. change to *.mp3 to include mp3 files only). (default = *.*)
  -maxage:`<number`> = Only show results last modified within the last `<number`> days (default=14)
  -maxitems:<number> = Only show up to <number> feeditems (default = 100)
* started work on graphical user interface for next version.
Download

justice:
I can also see opportunities to create feeds on "last accessed", "creation date" or a combination of these with "last modified date". However it seems this will add another set of commandline options that you probably don't need to get comfortble with 99% of the time.

So I am thinking of creating an interface, possibly with profiles you can load / save, and a wizard to set up such a profile.
possibly a commandline version with all optinos but a streamlined interface with these defaults; i'm not planning to add every option as a checkbox ;-).
Whether or not these things will materialize will depend on my limited resources (in time) and how excited you guys are about it ;)

dlagesse1992:
Wow, this is a great idea. I never thought of it before, but now that you made it, there are tons of uses for it.

Thanks!

apfel:
Could someon tell me how to add this kind of feed to opera or another rss-reader app?

Edit: The Rss readers have problems with the very long line in the xml file.

justice:
Hi apfel, I received your bugreport and I'm sorry you found those issues, I remember one of them lol. The code should only have one set of rss tags! I'll have a look at the issues you reported, hopefully in the next few weeks I can post an updated version. It is possible that the bugs you reported with the XML parsing prevent any newsreader from reading it as it breaks the scheme :(

I have success with Opera 9.20:
If you just right click on the rss feed and do Open with -> opera you will get a url like:
file://localhost/C:\rss\test.xml

Now go to the menu bar Feeds -> Manage Feed -> Add -> enter file://localhost/C:\rss\test.xml as the url and it should load.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version