ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Converting from FLV to AVI

<< < (10/11) > >>

lanux128:
aye, a quick check in GSpot shows the codec as a "FMP", probably since it's based on the FFMPEG encoder..

Curt:
a quick check in GSpot -lanux128 (June 06, 2007, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mind tell some more?  :tellme:  I have no idea what you are referring to!  :-[

Hirudin:
Last I saw; GSpot is a little program that will try to identify what codecs are inside video files. Since AVIs are containers, the file extension has little to do with what is actually needed to decode the file.

Using GSpot on a file that isn't working (or something) might help in finding a codec so you can watch it.

Curt:
Fine program, this little GSpot. Only; now I am for the first time aware that many of the downloaded music videos only have mono sound!  :(    22kHz, 64 kb/s, mono   :down:

Does the AndyMckee Africa.FLV file display a thumbnail if you rename it to AVI? -Hirudin (June 05, 2007, 11:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes; it did!!   :P

- so why then doesn't the Riva encoded .FLV to .AVI file display a thumbnail???   :tellme: 
I am not too sure I will dare continue to trust this Riva.

lanux128:
i guess that the thumbnail is not displayed because the Windows thinks it is a malformed avi due to lack of info.. try installing a decoder like ffdshow.

FFDSHOW is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DivX, XviD, H.264, FLV1, WMV, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, MPEG-4 movies. It uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project for video decompression, postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD, which is GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder.http://www.codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version