ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Converting from FLV to AVI

<< < (11/11)

Curt:
Thanks for the idea, lanux128. However, I use K-Lite Mega; FFDshow should not be the problem. But I may use the occasion to update the package; it is some fifty days OLD...

CWuestefeld:
I use K-Lite Mega; FFDshow should not be the problem. -Curt (June 07, 2007, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1 for K-lite mega. I used to try to manage this stuff manually, looking for codecs, installing and configuring them. I also used to get problems like video with no audio, etc.  :'(. K-Lite installs a consistent bunch of codecs -- all you're ever likely to need -- that are configured so that they all work.

Curt:
GSpot is a little program that will try to identify what codecs are inside video files. ...-Hirudin (June 06, 2007, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I now find MediaInfo to be an even better alternative,
and MediaInfo can 'over and above' display the information as a simple and quick tooltip!  :up:

Click to enlarge thumbnails:

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/

lanux128:
i have MediaInfo but i hardly use it (old habits).. i do plan to use it though when some obscure media file totally stumps GSpot.. anyway, a good addition to one's software collection.. :up:

lanux128:
another offering from GiveAwayoftheDay - Moyea FLV to Video Converter, a FLV convertor that looks much more robust and with more options..

• Moyea FLV to Video Converter can convert FLV to various video formats for playback on iPod, PSP, Zune, PC and DVD without any extra codecs.
• The program is priced at $39.95, but it will be free while the time-limited offer is valid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version