Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 04:24:34 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PIM's  (Read 13999 times)
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »

OK Folks, prepare for a rant.

I have recently been trying out Do-Organizer, mentioned in this thread. This program has everything I am looking for in a PIM and then some. The program is very well designed and incorporates a lot of nice technology. The program is a tad on the expensive side, as can be seen here, but in my opinion, for what (Do-Organizer) offers, it is well worth it.

While the program itself is great, the support is not. I have been evaluating this program and have tried to reach their support for over a week now. I have registered at their forum 3 times now (third time being today) only to find my account deleted after being in a "Pending admin approval" status for only a day each time. I registered yesterday afternoon, only to come in this morning and find my account removed. I have received no replies from their support staff (gemxsoftware@gmail.com) so contact with them seems impossible. People seem to rant and rave over their support, however, I cannot get any pre-purchase support. For a program which costs 24.95 plus upwards of 19.95 for each module, you would think the support staff would be a bit more responsive. However, this has not been the case. I am more than ready to shell out the $80 required for the modules I will use, however, if this is the support I can expect, I am going to have to look elsewhere.

Has anyone else had any dealings with them? If so, does anyone have a forum account which they can post a message for me using?

Anyways, end of rant, I will update if I ever hear back from them. If I get my account deleted without approval again today, I quit.

Strength in Knowledge
Tekzel
Charter Member

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 02:19:47 PM »

Wow.  I checked out that link for Do-Organizer.  They want to sell you the contacts and calendar sections seperately.  I figured the add-ons would be something extra special.  No, they actually want you to buy the base program, then pay extra for: calendar, contacts, tasks...  Is it? Could it be? Yes, I do believe that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Edit: Just for giggles I added up the base program and all the modules:  $169.45.  Nice. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:23:06 PM by Tekzel » Logged
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 04:53:08 PM »

Hi Josh - I've had good experiences so far with GemX and have an active account on the user's forum. I'll gladly post a question for you over there but have a question for you: what kind of e-mail address are you using to try to register? Just a thought... I think mine is yahoo.com and I don't recall any problems at all with registering it.

Anyway, I trialed Do-Orgranizer at version 2 and again when version 3 came out. Because I have a licence for TexNotes Pro, I qualify for drastically reduced cross-upgrade pricing to get the full blown version of Do-Orgranizer 3 but have passed so far. For my needs, Outlook does all I need it to and I really don't want another e-mail client. If they didn't have that built into the base, I'd probably jump at the cross-upgrade and just not install e-mail...

Let me know if you want me to post something over there for you!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
JeffK
Charter Member

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 05:53:28 PM »

FWIW and AFAIK, do-Organizer and other Gemx software can be obtained via the TrialPay system, which can, if you do a little research, reduce the effective price.

Jeff
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »

Darwin,

If you could, post a question asking about registration. My username that I am attempting to register is Metshrine, and my account has been deleted three times thus far after remaining in a "pending admin approval" status for 24 hours each time. I've sent three emails to gemxsoftware@gmail.com, however, have not received a single reply in the week I've waited.

I appreciate your help!

Josh

Strength in Knowledge
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 08:07:43 PM »

OK! Done Josh - I included the other information that you PM'd to me. Hope this works out for you.

Best,

Mike

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 08:13:49 PM »

I appreciate it greatly! Thanks again!

Strength in Knowledge
thomthowolf
Charter Member

Bad software makes me tired

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »

Just a quick note about what a great site this is where members can ask for help reaching a totally different company and get it.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.01 ]