ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PIM's

(1/7) > >>

Josh:
I am looking for a good PIM program and open myself up to the likes of all the donationcoder citizens. Being that I've made requests for things like this from you all, I trust and value your input. So if you could, please list which you use or have tried, their strengths and weaknesses and what you like most/least about them. I, ideally, want one that does all the basics (calendar w/ reminders, todo, contact management) plus some advanced features (encryption of data, backup system, import from programs like thunderbird).

Thoughts? Conundrums? Concurrments?

tomos:
I like agenda at once
cause you can see list notes scheduler & calender all at one time.
Loads of shortcuts, fairly logical interface whatever.

Theres beta testing going on at the moment - dont know how long thats going to last.
http://www.datalandsoftware.com/forum/index.php/board,20.0.html

It doesnt seem to do contact management,
I dont know how many of the (many) requests they're going to implement.

Personally I find myself getting more & more frustrated with the outlining method of most PIMs/Todo lists

Things get lost in subtasks of subtasks -
I like to be able to organise in that manner but
I would love some sort of tagging system or being able to say mark X and Y etc. from different projects as next-tasks
and
then being simply able to see X and Y etc. at one time
and
then add them as appropriate to your scheduler/calender

Am i making sense...

I'm going back to index cards if i dont find something like that
 Thinking along the lines of -
for example - six small indexcard boxes
maybe one for each of five projects and one for miscellaneous

If I have them all in a row i can then see at one glance the next-action-task from each category.
And hopefully take appropriate action  :P

rjbull:
Zaine Ridling's mini-review and subsequent thread on ITSD Organizer

sri:
do-Organizer is the only one I tried.

I stopped using it after I discovered EverNote (I know it's not a PIM) not because do-O is bad, but because I didn't need the advanced stuff it has to offer.

Give it a try. You might like it. A very nice feature it has is a dockable bar that has buttons for contacts, calendar, scribe (notes), etc. which is hidden and only appears when you mouse over..so you v. quickly reach out for any of the sections in it.

TucknDar:
I was on a PIM-hunt for ages, and ended up with EssentialPIM (Portable). There is a free version, but I use the Pro (paid) version, as it has some features I really wanted that weren't in EPIM free (hierarchical to-do, among others).

Before I ended up paying for EPIM I tried several free ones. VORG Express looks impressive, but it felt really clunky and heavy.

One that I liked, but was a bit too basic and didn't have to-do lists, and an interface that left something to be desired, is Chaos Manager 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version