ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

New Raxco Product : Defragmenter - Optimizer ; $9.99 until 2007-05-13

(1/5) > >>

MerleOne:
I just received this a few mlinutes ago.  Raxco publishes PerfectDisk, an excellent defragmenter.

"After years of leading the systems utility market with an award-winning defragmentation tool, Raxco has just completed the rest of the puzzle by creating the PerfectDisk Rx Suite. In addition to defragmentation and optimization, this industry first also includes a safe registry cleaner, a tool to remove duplicate files and reclaim free space, a tool that securely erases tracks to protect privacy, and a tweaking tool that will personalize your entire Windows experience. This unique combination of utilities makes the PerfectDisk Rx Suite the only vitamin your PC will ever need.

And because you're already a valued PerfectDisk customer, you can add the PerfectDisk Rx Suite for only $9.99. That's 66% off the single license special introductory price of $29.99 but you must purchase online by Sunday May 13th and use coupon code RXCLEANPC . http://www.raxco.com/products/commerce/purchase_options.cfm?ItemTitleID=75

How does the new PerfectDisk Rx Suite compare to PerfectDisk 8 Professional :
http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdiskRxSuite/pd_comparisons_whichisright.cfm

What exactly will the PerfectDisk Rx Suite do for you: http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdiskrxsuite/

Optimize Drive: This feature improves performance by defragmenting the drive using our award-winning PerfectDisk engine. Run it manually, in screensaver mode, schedule it with AutoPilot Scheduling, or use our exclusive new StealthPatrol technology to automatically defrag only when your system is idle. With StealthPatrol, just set it to "automatic" and never think about defragging again because it does the thinking for you. No other defragger offers this many options.

Clean Registry: This feature brings a new level of ease, simplicity, and safety to the tricky problem of registries cluttered with abandoned, incorrect, and broken entries. Different than other registry cleaners, this feature only deletes the keys it knows it can safely remove without harming Windows. These are the same keys that cause the majority of system slowdowns. The key phrase and difference here is "safely remove".

Reclaim Freespace: Do you know how many unwanted duplicate files are wasting space and slowing your system right now? You might be surprised. This feature not only finds and removes any redundant documents, mp3, photos and videos that are wasting space on your hard drive, but it also easily removes unwanted files that are just sitting in your recycle bin and temp file folder. It's like spring cleaning for your PC with 1 click of the mouse.

Erase All Traces: Did you know that your computer is tracking every move you make and is storing the evidence on your hard drive? Did you also know that clearing your history and emptying your cache doesn’t make them go away? Whether on purpose or by accident, every website, image and movie that you have ever viewed is there for anyone to see – that is until it’s been "completely" removed. This feature digs deep into your system and scrubs the index.dat file so any traces of where you’ve ever been is no longer there. Every time you use this feature, you can be assured that your privacy is intact and sanitized in compliance with US Department of Defense standards (DoD 5220.22-M) for safeguarding classified information. You never know who's using your computer when you're not around.

Tweak: This feature will customize and change hidden Windows settings so that your computer behaves according to your personal preferences. By using the Tweak feature, there's no need to risk editing the registry on your own - which is never a good thing. You can change the way Windows acts in the areas of performance, security and appearance just by clicking a few buttons. 

Take the PerfectDisk Rx Suite out for a free test drive! You can download the 15-day free trial here: Make My PC Healthy

To take advantage of the special $9.99 offer, purchase the PerfectDisk Rx Suite Single License directly from the RX Download Store by Sunday (5/13) and make sure you apply code RXCLEANPC in your cart. This code can only be applied towards purchases of the PerfectDisk Rx Suite Single User License.

If you should have any questions for Raxco technical support, please contact them here. If there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me know and if you have a chance, I would love to hear what you think of the PerfectDisk Rx Suite. It's another big day for Raxco Software!     

Best Regards,

Wendy Clontz     
Raxco Software, Inc.
Toll Free (800) 546-9728
Direct: (301) 519-7806
[email protected]
Web: www.raxco.com

cthorpe:
I don't know.  I'm wary of the company now that they pulled the rug out from under their FirstDefence-ISR customers without warning or reason.  They sent out an email today saying that the company "appreciates your business and investment in our company," then a few paragraphs later tells us that "Effective immediately, Raxco Software will no longer sell FirstDefense-ISR."  They then go on to offer me a great deal on their new product.  If the new product included the functionality of ISR along with the new functions, I'd be all over it.  Alas, it doesn't.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7189

Curt:
I have just tested this program for a couple of hours, and I would never trust it to clean up my reigistry! It may be safe to use, it may even be the best of the kind, but I wouldn't dare to use a program that will not tell which files it is going to delete. All it is telling is what kind of files they are, but not which file:

[After-edit: Bummer, Curt! There is a little button, named View Log...

View Log... :

Curt:
You cannot specifically allow/deny removal.  You can, however, tell PDRx to not look in certain areas to clean registry keys.
-Raxco Support
--- End quote ---

To delete all or nothing is just not good enough. :down:

Carol Haynes:
What a shame - if this is the future Raxco will lose its market share to DiskKeeper.

I think I will drop them an email saying that I have been a customer since version 6 but with 'crapware' I will no longer be a customer.

Anyone who includes a registry cleaner in that format is asking for trouble - and given the corporate nature of their clientelle they'll probably get lawsuits when the working masses get their grubby mits on this sort of ill-conceived tool!

I've given my 2p worth elsewhere but I will say it again - registry cleaners (even the 'best') are fraught with problems and cause many weird and insoluble problems on systems that can appear over months later. They should NEVER EVER be used in automatic mode by anone with a brain - and this makes them pretty useless because even on a clean install of Windows you will have dozens of registry 'errors' flagged because MS has a trick of putting in dummy file names intot he registry for potential addon options (especially with MS Office products) - delete them and the system can screw up in the most unlikely and apparently unrelated ways.

Follow-up ....

Just checked the Raxco website and they are still selling Perfect Disc as a separate product (the good news) so I am still happy. When that choice goes so will I!

The odd news is if you buy their all singing (destroying) suite you don't get boot time defragmentation in the PerfectDisc component - one of the main reasons (IMHO) to use a defragmenter other than the standard one shipped with Windows!!! Strange decision from Raxco.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version