ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

No tooltips?

(1/2) > >>

m_s:
Hi, new user here - I really like ProcessTamer, but it's not speaking to me much.  I think it's working, but although I have the box for tooltips ticked, it hasn't given me any yet, even when running your test app.  How can I tell if it's working?  And though I expect tooltips will become boring pretty soon, so I'm glad I can turn them off, I would like to see 'em for a few days first.  Any suggestions?

mouser:
when you run the test app, the tray icon should change pictures and a text balloon should appear (tooltip) in the system tray after a few seconds.
doublt click to launch the gui tool and take a look at the process cpu usage shown there.

i'm assuming you are you using win2k or xp.

m_s:
I thought I had noticed a very slight change before - just a yellow outline on the icon - but now I'm not sure if that was just the glow of my optimism.  And no, no tooltip...

mouser:
the icon yeah does change slightly yellow where the scales are.

you are using v2.x im assuming.
what operating system are you using?

run the test app, wait a few seconds.
see if icon changes.  hold your cursor over the icon, see what it says.

m_s:
Ah, I see, so there was a subtle change to it - and when I hold my cursor over it, a tooltip says 'Taming 1 process'.  Now maybe I was using the wrong word: when I run this on my other machine, a tooltip pops up periodically without me needing to move the cursor, but that doesn't happen here unless I intervene as you suggested. 

I am running XP SP2 on a 2.66gHz Pentium 4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version