topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: BOUNTY for Comprehensive Price Comparison Sites Comparative Review  (Read 3162 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
First of all, let me start off by saying that I hope that most of the comments this thread will be from other DC members adding their own pledge of DC credits to my bounty.  :Thmbsup:

I have lost track of all the price comparison websites. I don't know which one to use any more.

First of all, I am not looking for a review site, as 99.99999% of the reviews on those sites are completely worthless. They are just a bunch of random people making random comments with no value to anybody serious about determining if a product is at all relevant for what you want.

I am looking for a site to go to when I already know what I want and am just looking for the best price, including tax and shipping & handling, to my door based on my zip code.

I pledge $10 in DC credits to the reviewer who does a comparative review that meets the quality of what we expect here at Donation Coder. I expect that I will earn that back in spades by using the site getting the top rating!

gjehle

• Joined in 2006
  • lonesome linux warrior
    • View Profile
    • Open Source Corner
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
for reviews (english) you can visit CNET.
if you go by the rule of thumb and ignore reviews that have very good ratings you get honest reviews most of the time.

for actual price comparison i only know of german language sites like http://www.guenstiger.de/ and http://geizhals.at/