topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: System tray menu 'artifacts' left on screen during 'Grab selected region'  (Read 6175 times)

DeanMarshall

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

My hotkeys aren't working - probably a clash with another screen-capture program I played with.

Anyway - I find myself having to right-click on the Screensho Captor system tray icon to carry out some activities.
My most frequently used feature is capturing a hand drawn area of the screen but I have two problems with doing this from the right click menu.

a) The process kicks in too fast - the screen doesn't get a chance to fully redraw after the menu is clicked - I am left with parts of the menu frozen on screen during the capture, and often these are in the way.

b) Having initiated the process I can't find a way to cancel  - it would be handy if escape terminated the attempt returning the normal function of the mouse. At present I have to make a screen selection and then discard - kind of a pain.

One new feature request - I think it is new anyway:
I'd like to be able to use the system 'send to..' command.
At present there is the option to 'send to' which does the e-mail thing - this is only a subset of what is possible with the system 'send to..' menu. For example users with skype could send the file to a Skype contact - or send to a different application via Windows handy little send to shell thingy.

Just my tuppence.

Dean Marshall
http://www.deanmarshall.co.uk/
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:27 AM by DeanMarshall »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Weleome to the site Dean!

Ok some good issues raised, let me address them.

First, you can reconfigure the hotkey you want to use to capture a region, so i definitely encourage you to do that rather than have to use the right-click on system tray icon.

Second, you are right that you should be able to use escape to cancel a selected-region capture - i'm putting that on my todo list and should have it added on next release.

Third, the idea of being able to use the SendTo system menu is actually quite good.. I'm going to look into adding that to the SendTo menu as you suggest.  Right now, you can do what you want by right clicking on the thumbnail of the screenshot and choosing the SendTo menu item from the menu that pops up, but it would be more convenient to show it in the SendTo main menu, and i'll look into that.

-mouser

Shemesh

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hello, i m totally new to this.
it seems like an awesome piece of work - KEEP IT UP !!  :Thmbsup:

DeanMarshall raised an issue i encounter too:
I am left with parts of the menu frozen on screen during the capture, and often these are in the way.

this is annoying, can it be fixed?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
parts of what menu? are you not using hotkeys to start the capture?

Shemesh

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
it happens when i right click on the sys tray icon to activate either 'selected region' and 'fixed sized region'.
it doesn't happen when i use the hotkeys. (i know i can use them but i don't always remember them :-[ )

what is happening is that the item i selected from the menu stay on the screen, as if it didn't had enough time to disappear.

here are screenshots:
after 'fixed sized region'
after 'selected region'