ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DVDProfiler 3.0 is finally out !

<< < (3/3)

Darwin:
I *love* Book Collector, but haven't looked for alternatives. I *think* IdeaMason might do something similar, but am not sure...

crono:
For books I like to use http://www.librarything.com/ its a really nice online service and fits my needs very well. If they had an offline client it would be perfect.

Darwin:
crono - LibraryThing looks really nice. Thanks for sharing that one...

Darwin:
In addition to balancing your chequebook and making an appointment to have your poodle's hair done, IdeaMason will catalogue your materials - books, journal articles, doctoral dissertations, comic books, etc. This component is a bit more in line with bibliographic tools such as Endnote and RefViz, rather than cataloguing a book collection as Book Collector and LibraryThing do, but different horses for different courses (I use both Endnote and Book Collector myself)

Grorgy:
thanks alot for the input, that ideamason looks interesting, and im sure there was an option in there somewhere to do the cooking,  ;D  anyway ive down loaded the free versions of it and book collector to play with for a while, and will see what looks best in practice, ideamason has front running at the moment because it seems to support endnote, which im trying to work out as well, some of these things just arent as intuitive to me as i wish they were (and i've never been able to get endnote, or is it word, to recognize the existence of the other aaarrgghhh)

Thanks again, 2 worthy looking programs to try out

Cheers
Gro

PS Ive checked out the library thing too, i've stumbled upon on it b4 somewhere, its not quite what im after tho, looks like it could be fun tho  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version