topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:47 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DVDProfiler 3.0 is finally out !  (Read 14042 times)

crono

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DVDProfiler 3.0 is finally out !
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:40 PM »
a new version of the best DVD Manager has been released  :-* After 2 Years of silence and no public release, the new Version 3.0 is out. The price remains the same - 30 $ for lifelong updates (one-time fee). If you have an extensive DVD Movie Collection check out http://www.invelos.com (the new Homepage) I absolutely love this tool  :-*

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DVDProfiler 3.0 is finally out !
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 07:14 PM »
Crono,
I have been trying to download this tool, but I have not been able to get on www.invelos.com since you made the post. Do you have any idea what is going on?
Thanks, Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

crono

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 07:21 PM »
Hi Ken,
I have no clue whats going on, I tried today to reach the page but it seems to be down...  :down:

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 07:15 AM »
Legal Issues
On April 5, 2007 Jesse Slicer, Kenneth Meade and InterVocative Software, LLC (represented by Tim Haverty) filed an injuction (Case #07CY-CV03512) in Missouri's 7th Judicial District (Clay County) against Ken Cole and Invelos, LLC (represented by Joseph Gall). Judge Anthony Gabbert is set to preside.

A motion for expedited discovery by the plaintiff has been granted however, as of April 19, 2007, no court date has been set and DVD Profiler 3.0 and Invelos.com are currently unavailable due to the injuction.

-Wikipedia

A sad part of the story is that InterVocative not have been able to update DVDProfiler themselves, for two years its still version 2.4 and 2.5 Beta.

Quote:

DVD Profiler is a program to catalogue a DVD collection. It was created by InterVocative Software. Although it can be used for free (with free registration), it can be upgraded to a premium registration for a small one-time fee. Registration allows users to download higher-resolution cover scans, to vote on all changes to the DVD database and to use the newest beta versions of the software.

DVD Profiler allows the adding of DVDs (and, since V3.0, HD-DVDs and Blu-ray Discs) by entering the UPC, inserting the disc itself into the computer's DVD drive or searching by title. The users can upload their collection to the internet to provide other users the possibiliy to view their DVD profiles.

Also available is DVD Profiler Mobile 1.0 which allows you to access your DVD Profiler database via a Pocket PC. You can also make changes to your database directly in DVD Profiler Mobile and syncronize back to your main DVD Profiler database.

Until version 2.4 the program is maintained by InterVocative Software. Since version 3.0, the program is maintained by Invelos Software, a company set up by developer Ken Cole to focus entirely on DVD Profiler and related products & services.

A major drawback is the unsupporting of Unicode, making it impossible to enter Asian [etcetera etcetera] DVD titles correctly.
- end of quote.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 01:18 PM by Curt »

crono

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 05:24 AM »
http://www.invelos.com/ is back online  :Thmbsup:

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 01:07 PM »
Looks interesting... so, if I read this correctly, one can use the latest version free of charge? If you pay for unlimited registration you get voting rights and access to the betas? Pretty cool. I've been using Collectorz.com apps for this kind of thing, but haven't actually gotten around to trying to organise my dvds.

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:48 PM »
... I've been using Collectorz.com apps for this kind of thing, but haven't actually gotten around to trying to organise my dvds...

Hey Darwin,
I have started the process of entering my DVDs into Movie Collector (from Collectorz.com) and I don't think anything can beat it.
Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 01:55 PM »
Hi Ken! Nice to see you back. I don't really have enough of a DVD collection to warrant cataloquing it (lots of Dora and Blue's Clues mind you) but am sure that if I were to decide to catalogue what I've got in the future, MovieCollector would be awesome. I love collectorz.com's applications (I use Book, mp3, Music and Photo Collector) and their support is excellent.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 03:31 PM by Darwin »

Josh

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Movie collector is an awesome app. It beats the pants off of dvd profiler (although I wish they would fix their canvas drawing system as it is entirely too slow, just click on an entry in the main app and you will see what I am talking about). To see my collection, go to http://crosscut.whaddu.com/movies

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 06:16 PM »
I like the look of that collectorz.com for books one.  Has anyone investigated these types of applications for book collections? (my home is almost dvd free, i have a couple of my own but usually just hire them when i want to look at one)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 07:03 PM »
I *love* Book Collector, but haven't looked for alternatives. I *think* IdeaMason might do something similar, but am not sure...

crono

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 07:11 PM »
For books I like to use http://www.librarything.com/ its a really nice online service and fits my needs very well. If they had an offline client it would be perfect.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 07:13 PM by crono »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 08:00 PM »
crono - LibraryThing looks really nice. Thanks for sharing that one...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 08:05 PM »
In addition to balancing your chequebook and making an appointment to have your poodle's hair done, IdeaMason will catalogue your materials - books, journal articles, doctoral dissertations, comic books, etc. This component is a bit more in line with bibliographic tools such as Endnote and RefViz, rather than cataloguing a book collection as Book Collector and LibraryThing do, but different horses for different courses (I use both Endnote and Book Collector myself)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:07 PM by Darwin »

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 03:56 AM »
thanks alot for the input, that ideamason looks interesting, and im sure there was an option in there somewhere to do the cooking,  ;D  anyway ive down loaded the free versions of it and book collector to play with for a while, and will see what looks best in practice, ideamason has front running at the moment because it seems to support endnote, which im trying to work out as well, some of these things just arent as intuitive to me as i wish they were (and i've never been able to get endnote, or is it word, to recognize the existence of the other aaarrgghhh)

Thanks again, 2 worthy looking programs to try out

Cheers
Gro

PS Ive checked out the library thing too, i've stumbled upon on it b4 somewhere, its not quite what im after tho, looks like it could be fun tho  :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:59 AM by Grorgy »