ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Almost 50% of Americans shun high tech

<< < (3/3)

momonan:
Did you know that 87% of the statistics you hear are just made up by someone. :D

Cpilot:
Did you know that 87% of the statistics you hear are just made up by someone. :D
-momonan (May 07, 2007, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think a more interesting statistic would be the percentage of people who believe the statistics.  :P

DrJtoo:
Statistics aside, we need to acknowledge that there is a large number of people who use tech products and are connected to the Internet, and then there are others who do not use tech products and do not use a connection to the Internet.

Now regardless of the number of people in each group, we know there is a divide, but possibly not as neat as one might want to describe, because there will be some who connect to the Internet infrequently, and those that use a mobile phone like it is a computer but don't like going online with a PC. And every other abberation one can think about.

Building some type of a model in our heads of those who are tech users and who are connected, against those not tech saavy, we can then go ahead and do some marketing. Some in conventional paper formats, such as daily newspapers and magazines, and some online advertising and marketing sites.

Now this is the world in which I have lived for more than 10 years. I know that we get more sales from general print than online advertising even for tech products, and we go by results not artificial statistics about who is online and offline.

What works is to read the history of similar products and their sales and alter spending likewise. Statistics like included earlier are myths.

Cpilot:
Well I've learned a great deal from this thread actually.
For one thing is I understand the "Lackluster Veterans" a lot better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version