ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

E Texteditor experiences?

<< < (4/4)

zridling:
What crono said.

As a non-programmer, it's more than I could use since at most I do XML, HTML, and a lot of raw database work in my text editing. So far, I haven't found anything to beat UltraEdit in that last regard. But if I were programming, E would save a lot of time. Check back when version 2.0 comes out.

steeladept:
Okay.  May have to try UltraEdit from what I keep hearing here.  At work we use TextPad which is great for what I need, but it does cost.  NotePad++ seems to do just as well, but I haven't used it nearly as extensively.  Since I don't use RegEx that much (right now), comparing NotePad to UltraEdit and keeping an eye on E sounds like a good plan for now.  Thanks all.

mitzevo:
I've just discovered "e" and I think it's awesome.. Very powerful. When they have a more solid release out I might buy a license.

It's really nice, there are practically no toolbars, no icons (well at default like 1 max.. LOL), max space for coding/writing.. And you can set up some sexy colour themes  ;D

allen:
I'll admit straight out that it has been at least a month since I last tried it--but I found it a bit underwhelming, almost a teaser.  And already with a 35 dollar price tag?.

The built in version control seems pretty amazing for a simple text editor, and can see it being an amazing upgrade in a multiple user environment.  The text mate bundles are probably the biggest draw--but not so much for me.  The bottom line is probably simply that I'm not the target audience for e: I certainly don't "get" it. :)

mitzevo:
Also take a look at InType... www.intype.info

InType is another clone of TextMate for Windows... I haven't had the chance to check it out yet but I read about it a little.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version