topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bluetooth-Wifi Quick on/off  (Read 5534 times)

vevola

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • VeVoLa
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Bluetooth-Wifi Quick on/off
« on: May 04, 2007, 04:00 AM »
If I want to disable Bluetooth on my laptop, I have a physical switch, but that also deactivates Wifi, and there's no hot key (I'd need to open the program, bla bla bla).

I've also seen laptops that don't have an easy way to activate/deactivate wifi/bluetooth.

Is it possible to create a small app, maybe that runs in the systray, and maybe assigning a quickkey?

Is there already a program like that, or is it already possible to create some sort of shortcut in Windows?

Thanks!

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bluetooth-Wifi Quick on/off
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 08:23 AM »
 :) I made one for my girlfriend's laptop, just changing a few registry settings, but I've not found a uniform way of doing this for all laptops.

Ideally it should be a matter of enabling/disabling the wlan nic in the hardware list, but in addition there's the manufacturer's software controlling things.

Skrommel

vevola

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • VeVoLa
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bluetooth-Wifi Quick on/off
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 08:29 AM »
So it would be possible to have some type of systray app and hotkey that would activate/disactivate wlan and/or bluetooth?