ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

DirectAccess - Text Expander program for free today at GAOTD

<< < (3/3)

Darwin:
So, Tom, how are you finding DirectAccess, then?

tomos:
So, Tom, how are you finding DirectAccess, then?
-Darwin (January 29, 2008, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

ehh...
the last week I've been totally bogged down with PDFs that look and print perfectly on my machine but not on others (I've actually found a solution but now have to redo them) so I havent even looked at it - I saw it in the context menu once though :P

will reply again when things calm down !

lanux128:
i too haven't had the chance to try out DirectAccess, maybe because most of its functions are already replicated on my PC via Autohotkey. one of these weekends, i must try it out earnestly. :)

J-Mac:
I've been using it for a few days and it is nice!  I do have a slight problem with it crashing if I try to add any applications by isng the "Browse..." button; as soon as I select the app I want to be able to open w/ a shortcut it pops up a "Direct Access Must Close" and wants me to send in a crash report - which also fails and I have to email it to them. They're looking at that. In the meantime I can add programs in other ways, like by having the program already open and either selecting it from the open apps list, or drag & drop it into DA.

Only other PITA is the fact that they only give you a handful of included autotext shortcuts. I'm adding my own little by little, but it'll be a while till I have enough built up to make me truly more productive w/ DA.  Availability of some pre-written libraries of shortcuts, or even a users exchange of shortcuts would be great. Give you some to use until you get all that you want there added or customized.

BTW, I did import the MS Word Autocorrect library, but it works just differently enough in Direct Access to make a number of those more trouble than they are worth. E.g., Word has an Autocorrect entry that automatically changes the letter "i" to "I".  However Word only uses this if the letter "i" is typed by itself, meaning that you are typing the pronoun for yourself: "I".  Direct Access, on the other hand, wants to change every lower case "i" to an upper case "I"!!  Now it won't do it unless you press the "Confirm" key - Shift is the default, but I use the Right Arrow. This causes that little Bell sound to go "DING" every damn time I typed a lower case "i".  Aarrggghhhh!!  So I tried unchecking the "Confirm" box but all that does is allow DA to change all of my lower case "i"'s to upper case without a sound.  This is not a good thing, obviously!! So I just deleted that shortcut, as their is no way to disable it; only delete.

So like I said, I have some work to do with it yet.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version