ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software gone social? Wakoopa is quite clever

(1/6) > >>

zridling:
From Wakoopa:
Wakoopa is a social network for software users. You download a little tracker on your PC or Mac, and every 15 minutes this updates your Wakoopa profile with a list of what software you’ve been using. This profile then enables you to add or invite friends and get updated about what they’re using, but also get updates about your software. Reviews that others have written or new versions of your software: it’s all on your dashboard. Even if you’re not a member of Wakoopa you’ll still be able to check out the coolest software. Since we apply the wisdom of crowds principle to software, you’ll be able to see exactly what’s popular and what’s the right tool for the job. Just browse the database by tags or categories, it’s all there! If you like software, then you’ll love Wakoopa.

Here's Jeremy Wagstaff's Ten-minute Review. Funny, I've been using DonationCoder.com for this same function for years! (And DC doesn't ask me to load any junk on my system.)

Renegade:
I rather liked that one! Installed & using it right now. :)

I'm not too fond of the social stuff, but this one seems pretty cool. It requires little effort on my part. :)

gjehle:
ugh
no thanks
i'm already getting tracked for whatever i do online anyways
don't have to make it too easy for them

Renegade:
Who cares about tracking anyways? It's all done in aggregate anyways.

If anything, it helps you see where you spend your time. Sounds valuable to me.

Perry Mowbray:
Do you think a DC Team would be interesting?

Hey, this was interesting:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version