topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help  (Read 345296 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Free computer help online/CompuTech (my) programs
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Download the new version of EasySuite (http://www.incredisims.com/

The link may give the new version, but the text doesn't reflect so yet:

(latest version - 9-29-07; version 2.0)
-Incredisims.com

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Tomorrow ... you need to...

"Tomorrow" ;)
I am going to upload and update the website in a few minutes, however. As far as I can tell everything is OK, so I might as well.

Check the site in about 30 minutes for the new version (if its not there, clear your cache) :Thmbsup:

P.S. You can also use the button in my sig to get to the site instead of manually typing it out :)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2007, 03:20 PM »
It will be an hour or so more, I am going to work on a couple more things here, I am rushing through and forgetting things left and right. :-[

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2007, 03:58 PM »
OK, I fixed a couple bugs and improved a comple misc things (not really noticable), but look what I found (see attatchment).

Kinda wierd that no one (including myself) noticed that- it said "CompuTech EasyControl" on every launch of EasyChatClear ;D

But all is well, I need to compile all the programs, make the installer, then upload. About 5 minutes. :D All done! (for now)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minimalistic GUI update!
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2007, 06:42 PM »
OK! In a week packed with midterms, gaming and testing of random programs (:P) I have managed to come up with a small update to the GUI of EasySuite that I may make on all the programs. It is very minimalistic and compact, but that lets users with low resolutions work with the programs, and doesn't overtake your screen when your multitasking. Oh, I fixed the embarrassing FileHippo Update Checker problem, too. :)

I have attached screenshots (3) comparing the current, idea 1 and idea 2 GUI setups (idea 2 is all go unless someone thinks otherwise...).

Also, one last thing- Some of you may have noticed my posts about learning C++ (amongst other things); I will continue to be working in AHK for a while (a year or so I say, to say the least!). This doesn't limit anything I am doing/planning to do, so I am not having to put off features until "I can do that in X/Y/Z". So no worries there.

See screenshots and give opinions, please :)
-Brandon

EDIT: (Don't forget, I am still helping with computer woes over the net)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 05:44 PM by wreckedcarzz »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2007, 10:18 AM »
My vote goes to the original version!
- because of the text and the easy-to-identify update button.

But version 2 is a little 'nicer' to look at, though.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2007, 01:21 PM »
Compromise?

Comic Sans MS font (same as EasyControl) so that it is easier to read?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Oh, I was blur...

I didn't mean the font, but what the text is telling:

EasyReadControl.gifSnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

I would say you should keep this text - but still the third picture is nicer to look at, I think.
But of course, compromises can be good.  :up:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 05:04 PM by Curt »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2007, 09:26 PM »
Ah, ok. I might be able to develop a type of news-system or something in a window to the side that presents information like that, depends on how well it works out. :-\

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Beta Build! :D
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2007, 12:15 AM »
OK, beta build time.

I am uploading a beta version of EasySuite that includes several updated components. The main updates are...

New EasySuite GUI
New GUI uses Comic Sans MS 12 point font
FileHippo.com Updater bug resolved
EasySuite now uses the selection "dot" buttons in place of the large, bulky buttons
EasyControl now runs quieter, CleanUp! is now silent (and will now FINISH cleaning before continuing operations :)) and there are less traytips
Removed annoying traytip "Please donate" countdown on first run. Had Vista bug where it would flash (VERY annoyingly).

There are a couple things here and there but thats most of it.

This version removes a lot of useless code and whatnot so it *should* be smaller (I have not yet checked, but logically it should be).
WOW...it is a whopping 1KB smaller :o ;D

The link on the website WILL go to the beta setup, so you CAN get EasySuite to update normally and get the beta. There are a couple things I need to change in the next day or so (setup versions, cleaning old GUIs out, etc) but it is there if you just HAVE to get it :P.

Link:
http://mazecraze.dci... EasySuite Setup.exe

http://www.incredisims.com/

EasyUpdate (<-- I couldn't resist ;D, I have a serious problem with the word "Easy" :-[ :P)
Click your Update button in EasySuite and let it do the work!

Enjoy!
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2007, 12:17 AM »
DOH! We have a problem!

Please do NOT use the built-in updater, it will FAIL. I know the problem and am working on it now. Sorry about that :-[.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2007, 12:54 AM »
OK, problem fixed. :) You will need to update manually this time, but after this it should run fine.

Make sure to close all (CompuTech) programs before running the installer! An uninstall is not needed.

EDIT: Never mind, I have problems out the wazoo here ;D, I will work on it tomorrow- sorry again! :-[
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 12:56 AM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2007, 04:48 PM »
OK, back after school with some less embarassing news :)

I found and fixed the small bug, and was able to (finally!) add some old (as in lying around for a while) vista-style pictures to EasyControl, making it more pleasing to the eye. I am going to test EVERYTHING in the next hour or so, and make sure that there are NO problems. HOPEFULLY, all goes well. :Thmbsup:

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2007, 05:44 PM »
OK, all is working well. :D

- I tuned how EasyControl utilizes IE (7 only) to check for MS Updates. It should work a lot better now.
- I removed a line of code when running an Automatic Optimization with EasyProtect Disabled where it would tell you that it is starting JkDefrag. Not sure how that slipped away from me.
- I made all the tray bubbles silent w/ little icons on them
- I seem to (still) have a problem with the EasyClock icon (as both an icon and in EasySuite). It does not show up for some reason, and I am 100% sure it is not a programming problem. I will have to talk to Ham and see what the deal is. :-\
- When you now Update via the built-in updater OR save the setup program to your desktop when installing/updating, EasySuite cleans up after itself by deleting the setup file! :)

OK, I am uploading it now. I didn't find any bugs and all looks well, so this is officially "CompuTech EasySuite 2.2"

TTU (Time To Upload):
Approx 5 minutes

Enjoy (with no embarassing bugs this time!)
-Brandon

(FYI I will be removing all images above to save bandwith/DC webspace, just with this one picture below)

EDIT: Yes, I did notice that it still says 4.0. :( I JUST CAN'T WIN!!! :P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:09 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Finally, something not Easy (but its still easy :P)
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2007, 06:20 PM »
OK, very very very basic update this time (just news update, no update update)

I am just going to work on making ALL the GUI's more compact and graphical, and also (probably) rename the programs. I have many many many (I mean 20+) programs that I am working on here and there when I scan my folder and get an idea. However, I think one of theme will be released with the next update in a couple weeks (more on that later).

Anyways, about renaming. I assume everyone else is also sick of the "EasyXYZ" naming idea I came up with, so I just got a spur of brainpower (you can smell the smoke, I am sure :P)...

These are just ideas, but I can't take writing Easy Easy Easy Easy Easy over and over and over anymore, I am dying of it ;D

(Old Name -> New Name)
CompuTech EasyChatClear -> CompuTech AutoType

CompuTech EasyClock -> CompuTech AutoTime

CompuTech EasyControl -> CompuTech SystemCare

CompuTech EasyOpen -> CompuTech AppLaunch

CompuTech Maze Craze -> CompuTech Maze Craze

CompuTech EasySuite > CompuTech ... AppSuite...? :huh: :read: :tellme:

Just tossing out ideas; I am NOT creative so...yea...anything goes really :)
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Maybe I get bored a lot, but lately, I have gotten a lot more time on my hands.

When I am not playing games (or doing homework) I am usually at the AHK site, reading on new things. I was looking for a window to enter text to (like a text box) when I found a thing called a GroupBox. I have been looking for it but didn't know what it was called. The last hour I have been working at it, and was able to get a(n) (extremely) basic interface for EasyControl. I mean, Windows 95 basic. Point and click basic. Plug 'n' Play basic. It was too...gray, so I tossed in 16x16 images from the latest version, and it doesn't look half bad. It is...wierd though. A little to basic, IMO. But I do like it.

Take a look at the screenshot and tell me what you think. I think it is a step in the right direction, but I still enjoy the larger interface. Smaller + simpler = more user stupid, however (I have friends who can't find out where the Clean button is...even though it clearly says "Clean/Optimize" in large font...:P). And (usually) that is a good thing. (I even asked and got proof from someone, and they told me that they actually understood what everything did!)

:up: :down: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:

Thanks all!
-Brandon

EDIT: Ignore the "Reload the script", that is for my personal use only, so I can debug easily and restart EasyControl on-demand
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 10:43 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2007, 09:44 PM »
OK- got some good news and some bad news. Bad news affects a small portion of the people using EasySuite, but its still a step backwards.

Good news:
EasySuite is being renamed, along with all the other programs. This conversion is messy, but I have done it before, so its no biggie (so far!).

EasyControl (SystemCare now) is ready to be sent out. I have to confirm everything works after the name conversion, but other then that and one annoying bug (see bad news) all is well.

Bad news:
Support for the portable edition will be dropped due to this mass confusion with renaming. I might bring it back after, depends. You can still copy the unedited setup file to a portable device and take it with you, however.

EasyControl (SystemCare) has a bug with its "radio buttons" (dot buttons). In each box, the buttons are independent of one another. Therefore, you have several annoying dots in the boxes. Not a real bug, but an annoyance.

The setup procedure (for EasyControl/SystemCare) does NOT work (autoinstall of CCleaner, etc)...and I have no clue why. And, obviously, thats not good. *HOPEFULLY* I will have it fixed soon... :S

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SnapSuite? Linux? UNIX? Macintosh?!?!?!?!?!?! AHH!
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2007, 12:55 AM »
Now that the title got your attention (if not, read it, laugh, then continue on :P)
:-\, some more pretty boring news. But this bit of info may be interesting to some of DC's other members.

If anyone dropped by the IncrediSims.com website (visit http://www.incredisims.com/) between ~6:30PM US Pacific Time (GMT -8:00) and now, you may notice a large difference in several things.

1) There are large, blue, awesome-looking (not really :P) buttons with the name "SnapSuite" on them.
2) The buttons have things like "Linux" and "Mac" on them!
3) The buttons link to informational pages
4) The home page is redone, there is a new look to it!
5) There are new colors, and the top of the page looks different

OK, that was a very nice list of changes. What does this mean?

A) The portable version is not going to be dropped (but postponed)
B) There *MIGHT* be a Linux/UNIX and/or Macintosh version. All these versions will lack SystemCare, however.
C) If you read a certain page carefully, you will see that the release date is "2008". This is not a typo. I have several major things to do that I have not talked about on the forum, and that stuff (just the Windows one itself!) will take a while. That, and my dwindling grades (and an upcoming birthday...time to work on those grades, if I want a party)

:P here is some code just to mess around (see "C)" above)
If %brandon_want_birthday_party% = 1 ;If Brandon wants a birthday party...
GoSub, Bribe_Teacher ;Pay teacher lots of money...
else ;otherwise...
GoSub, Cancel_Party ;no party
Return

If %brandon_do_work% ;If Brandon does work...
ExitApp ;Terminate IMMEDIATELY!

That last line made me laugh, I just had to post it ;D
(I do work, but I just couldn't resist. I need more sleep and less caffeine)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:57 AM by wreckedcarzz »

wolf.b

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #193 on: October 24, 2007, 06:07 PM »
Hi wreckedcarzz,

I would like to take your offer for online help with my problem: After the log on, my computer takes a long time to show the toolbar that is situated at the left screen edge. Not the one that has the start button and clock, but one that appears when dragging and dropping a folder there. I have been trying to find the reason for the delay since about two weeks or so, when I first noticed it.

Do I have to book an appointment? I guess you need administrator rights, when using remote assistance. Is that right? Do I have to download certain software beforehand, so that you can get started. I would not like to waste your precious time with boring tasks like that.

OT
I have found the following little typo:
Bug.png
Should be Run,%ProgramFiles%\Opera\Opera.exe

edit: I just realized this is probably an old version (EasyOpen rather than AppLaunch) but I got it today from your webpage.

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings
Wolf
Schön wär's, wenn's schön wär!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:26 PM by wolf.b »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #194 on: October 24, 2007, 11:25 PM »
Hi Wolf!

Sure, that would be no problem to speed up the initial loading of stuff, its a quick job.

I have homework now and again, but rarely (I caught up). I am online from about 3:30PM-11:00PM -7:00GMT (US Mountain time, no daylight savings (Arizona)) on weekdays, and weekends from about 10:00AM-12:00AM (14 hours).

Administrator rights are...not (?) needed, but I would say yes just in case.

You just need CrossLoop (beta) from http://www.crossloop.com/ to let me connect. Your anti-virus software may say it is a virus (false-positive) due to it using WinVNC. Just allow it (disable security software for the best effect).

Time isn't a biggie with me, I have no tight schedule to keep :). So don't worry about that.

If you have any Instant Messenger service, that is a huge help (AIM/AOL, MSN/WLM, Yahoo, IRC (for here @ DC), ICQ) so that getting connected initially is a LOT easier, and communicating in the event of a crash/system failure/etc occurs.

About the error: I did not have Opera installed when I made the code, just remembered that. Assuming you installed Opera to its default directory, could you please give me the full path (w/ filename) to the Opera exe?

EDIT: I read the error wrong, I will so a search for "ProgranFiles" on the code right now :) thanks for pointing that out
EDIT 2: All fixed, the next version will have the patch for the typo :Thmbsup:

Thanks,
-Brandon
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 12:08 AM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Before I forget- I will be online from 11:30to 1:00PM and then from ~2:30PM until 11:00PM tonight. I have early release, then an eye appointment at 1:30, so i have about an hour and a half open in there.

wolf.b

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2007, 10:31 AM »
Ok I try to catch you around 3:00 PM via chat room at donationcoder.com. I have at present no other messenger available. See you then.

Greetings
Wolf
Schön wär's, wenn's schön wär!

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2007, 01:46 PM »
OK, I will be home ASAP after my appointment so I should be home by then, if not it shouldn't be more then a few minutes. :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2007, 01:57 PM »
Maybe these kinds of arrangements are best coordinated using forum personal messages or email, rather than through public forum posts.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Maybe these kinds of arrangements are best coordinated using forum personal messages or email, rather than through public forum posts.

Good point- I was in a hurry when I posted earlier. I'll keep that in mind next time. :-[