OK, guess its time for my 1/2 week update this week. I'm not exactly happy today (well, quite frankly, I'm pissed off, but thats another story).
I have yet ANOTHER program in development, that will most likely be merged with (I really have to change this name...) EasyChatClear.
Walt (Loki15) was nice enough to add expandable, multi-level tray menu options to EasyOpen, and I will have to remember to update the code included with it too.
I am/have been redoing EasyControl from the ground up AGAIN, making it simpler (again). What I have changed is...
- Removed buttons/text/etc for Spyware Terminator/Spyware Blaster
- Cleaned up main menu
- Made main menu a lot easier to read
- Making everything easy to understand for normal people
- Made the main menu more casual
- Updated JkDefrag's operations a bit more
- Working to make JkDefrag not show at all
- Trying to get more and more things to run hidden via command line switches
Among those, I have also gone from the ad-supported Install Creator to the (open source?) free Inno Setup, this is why...
- NO ADS!
- Easier to make
- More logical
- Better options
- Simpler for the user (3 buttons and it starts installing)
And I am also in the process of adding a brand new virus scanning ability to EasyControl! If I get permission from the ClamWin developer team, here is how it is setup...
- It is 100% integrated - NO INSTALLS, NO DOWNLOADS!
- It auto updates
- It runs silent scans (WORK IN PROGRESS)
- It auto-removes viruses, unloads them from memory, etc. Does whatever it needs to get it gone.
- Resides away from the main files (cosmetics + no hacking into it and messing it up like some people I know...
I am also dying to make a help file, and I finally started today, but the 2 sentences that I was able to get out during class are now residing in my garbage can. It is, nonetheless, progress.
Also, just to clear up any confusion here...
Loki15's newly made "AcroSuite" is not connected to my "EasySuite" in any way (other then we collaborate and work on each others programs). They will not harm each other* while residing/running on the same PC.
*I have not fully tested everything from either Walt nor myself yet, but there should be no problems.
Whats the difference, then? Why have two things that could easily be merged?
To be honest, I am not sure. He is working on AcroDictionary and AcroLiminator, as well as a new program. He seems to do things that speed up time-consuming tasks while using the computer; while I make things that are useful for certain things (and certain things only) and automatic (usually for use while away from or busy multitasking with the computer). I guess it is better to specialize in one thing well then try to do it all poorly.
One last question:
About the donation box (on the first run of EasyControl)...
(Reply with all that apply
1) It is annoying
2) It should be moved to the top left corner of the screen
3) The traytips should go
but the box should stay
4) The traytips don't close themselves (bug on 2k/XP it appears)
5) It should be replaced with the DonationCoder.com donate dialog (not sure if this can be done, but I could always try!)