ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (26/112) > >>

Curt:
Today I recieved an email from Major Geeks telling that Advanced WindowsCare v2 Personal 2.51.802 had been launched, so I thought I would let EasyControl handle this update. But to my horror it took me to CNET download.com - which has never offered me a download speed higher than 32 KB/S - no, not 32 MB, but KB. I for one will never use CNET if I know of other download sites, so I am bound to ask you if it may be posible to code some other links, please?

wreckedcarzz:
EasyControl only uses Download.com for the initial setup- and checking, FileHippo.com does NOT have it on their servers (the Update > Update other programs and drivers) :o >:(

I will look into setting up an update system AND seeing if I can switch the Advanced WindowsCare initial setup link to MajorGeeks. Thanks for letting me know :)

Oh, before I forget.

Would it be of interest to make a pre-complied, ready to go zip for USB drives (somewhat like the PortableApps.com setup)? I was thinking about doing it (just got a Geek Squad 4GB drive) but don't want to make something no one will use. Thoughts?  :up: / :down:?

tomos:
Would it be of interest to make a pre-complied, ready to go zip for USB drives (somewhat like the PortableApps.com setup)? I was thinking about doing it (just got a Geek Squad 4GB drive) but don't want to make something no one will use. Thoughts?  :up: / :down:?
-wreckedcarzz (August 09, 2007, 08:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes yes,  :up:
even i who knows so little about computing things :P get called upon by my family
so try sort out their messied-up PCs...

wreckedcarzz:
OK, I will see what I can do about a portable version :Thmbsup:

Change of plans (schedule wise, as far as me):

At the moment, I have school on Monday :o and have decided to merge everything I can into a portable version to aid in my transition. Along with this I have used Mozilla Sunbird to make a calender to schedule myself, so if you need computer help :read: you may have to wait a couple (plus?) days until I have a low homework load/programs completed on schedule. Here is my plan, and, if possible, :feedback:?

Every Saturday, release a new version of program X (whatever program is the highest "priority" at that time, currently EasyControl this Sat then SimpleStart next Sat).
Every Sunday, yard work
Every Weekday, homework load

So, if I plan this correctly, I *may* be able to get ahead of the homework and continue normally. No guarantees, but I am having a blast making something that is both useful and people enjoy (so programs would, logically/hopefully, take top priority).

EDIT: I am getting serious about permanently maintaining this "project" of mine, and at the moment I am scanning the web for the specifics on different license types (still keeping it free but not open source).
EDIT 2: I have setup an EULA just to save my bacon as far as if your computer blows up, catching your local bank on fire and killing your wife, I am not liable ;D

wreckedcarzz:
OK, as requested by Curt, MajorGeeks is now the download area for Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal.

I will post the update here as I said (read above post), I did tweak a couple things and I also added a new feature, some of you may find this to be handy, others may be freaking out flipping the power to your computer off, but I think it is for the better:

When AutoInstalling, AutoCleaning, AutoOptimizing, or EasyMaintaining, you will NOT BE ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR COMPUTER. This is added so that if the mother-in-law comes over and still uses Windows 98SE and wants to browse the internet through My Computer and plug the phone line into the FireWire port while your computer is getting fixed (or is installing things to get fixed) nothing can go wrong. (My grandmother...oh, never mind :P)

The BAD part about this is that if something DOES go wrong (:o :tellme:) you will have to
a) let it go
b) shut off the system power
c) run around in a circle and hope for the best ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version