ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (8/112) > >>

Darwin:
Hi Curt - glad that worked out for you. It is frustrating, isn't it? I mean, OE is M$'s freebie e-mail client and Outlook is their full-blown and pricey version; why isn't it easier/more intuitive, to migrate from one to the other? Actually, it isn't really that hard, just not intuitive!

Curt:
... OE is M$'s freebie e-mail client and Outlook is their full-blown and pricey version; ...-Darwin (May 25, 2007, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

- or is it?

SEVEN MYTHS ABOUT OUTLOOK

2'nd Myth: Outlook is the "full version" of the free Outlook Express

Not in a million years. Outlook was developed by the Office program group as a Personal Information Manager (PIM) and e-mail program and positioned as the Exchange client to replace Schedule+ and the original Exchange client. Outlook Express was developed by the Internet Explorer group to provide simple mail and news handling for Windows users.

The feature sets in each program are targeted to the expected the user base: Outlook is a business e-mail client while Outlook Express is for home users. As a result, Outlook does some things better than OE, like calendaring, contacts, mail merge, and tasks; while OE has inline image display and newsgroups and is less complicated to use.

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257824 for more information on the differences between Outlook and Outlook Express. -Exchange Messaging Outlook
--- End quote ---

- from the Slipstick Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center EMO newsletter (EMO = Exchange Messaging Outlook), Vol. 9, No. 2, 30 April 2004, a biweekly newsletter about Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook. http://slipstick.com/

Darwin:
OK - my bad: I shouldn't have said "version". The article is right - they are two completely different apps that happen to read and send e-mail. Let me rephrase what I wrote to: " OE is their freebie e-mail client while Outlook is their fully-featured, big bucks e-mail client".

Curt:
"OE is their freebie e-mail client while Outlook is their fully-featured, big bucks e-mail client". -Darwin (May 25, 2007, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

And it is strange that MS gave these two apps two almost identical names, when they are so different from each other. "Verily, verily, I say; let not your right hand know what your left is doing" - the Bible says about giving money-gifts to the church. Maybe MS got the occasion wrong.

But it would have been obvious for MS to make one the cheaper version of the other. Would have. But why say obvious and Microsoft in one and same sentence..

Darwin:
"Verily, verily, I say; let not your right hand know what your left is doing" - the Bible says about giving money-gifts to the church. Maybe MS got the occasion wrong.
--- End quote ---
:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version