ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (3/112) > >>

2stepsback:
wreckedcarzz,

Please post here whoever's computer you have succeeded in fixing.

OR

whoever has got their computer fixed, please (obviously, you will, but just to ensure) post as much.

"Testimonials" give great value to the whole thing.

wreckedcarzz:
.... my computer... Intel Pentium 4 1.6GHz 768MB RAM - 2 startup items (LaunchBar Commander and my own personal AHK program)
It only takes me 45 seconds to reboot and be ready for anything (completely)-wreckedcarzz (May 04, 2007, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

45 seconds???!!!   :o

- but I have grown so custom to / fun of all these nice little features! I truly believe that I NEED to have every one of these programs in Start 

Well, calm down, Curt; easy now! ..... I did disable even more programs from Start, and Outlook is again starting as it is supposed to. I have not yet pinpointed which sinner caused the malfunction, but I will. Also Word is again working properly; I have been missing this fine program.

But still it takes me 8-12 seconds to open any folder in Explorer, so SOMETHING must be wrong!?? Could it be something entirely different? Like, say, Settings: handle Explorer and Programs as two threads, not as one thread (or how the English wording may be)?
-Curt (May 05, 2007, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well...you may have explorer open in a new process every time, and that takes longer to do (more stable, but slower).

Also some settings may just be set incorrectly for speed...what kind of computer do you have?
CPU:
RAM:
GPU:
and how old is it? (mine is 5+ years old...my bio tells about everything I have in it).

Also, you still use MS Word? Wow...
IMHO, I believe the OpenOffice.org suite does a better job then MS Office, and its free! The whole download is only around 90MB too, so smaller also.
http://www.openoffice.org/
-Brandon

Curt:
Also, you still use MS Word? Wow...
IMHO, I believe the OpenOffice.org suite does a better job than MS Office, -wreckedcarzz (May 05, 2007, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...  :-\  suddenly I'm not too confident about your skills!   8)

---

I have only now finished a long and tiresome test of almost every starting program, and found that a major part of the problem probably was due to Vicman Photo Toolkit (I&F Viewer toolbar) being placed in Start. It shouldn't, it seems, as it is part of the Explorer shell (?).

Honestly: OpenOffice?!!  :o  Are you comparing to Office97 or what? 
Anyway; they gave up on OpenOffice in Danish, but language is not without importance to me.

My PC was put together by various pieces. The 160 GB drive is stamped December 2001, but the processor is Celeron 3.33 GHz. There are only 512 MB RAM, of which the graphic card gets 64. In a week from now there should be 2 GB, if I can afford it, but I am not sure what kind of RAM I should ask for (??). It should give prior to handling small tasks very fast - editing, copy&paste, and stuff like that - because I don't play any video games or other demanding kind of big programs.
 :tellme:

[After-edit: There is only one RAM socket or how the English IT term may go.]

Curt:
wreckedcarzz,
Please post here whoever's computer you have succeeded in fixing.
OR
whoever has got their computer fixed, please (obviously, you will, but just to ensure) post as much.
"Testimonials" give great value to the whole thing. -2stepsback (May 05, 2007, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

- I think you are bringing this up too soon, 2stepsback:

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to announce that for the first time ever ....
-----
So please, give me a chance. It doesn't cost anything, and you watch the whole process on your monitor so you can direct what you want done. I have fixed computers for over 5+ years now in my house SOLO (I know the most in the family) so I am not saying things I cannot backup.
-Brandon Seal
-wreckedcarzz (May 03, 2007, 12:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

There always was a first time.

wreckedcarzz:
Curt,
Yea, OpenOffice.org 2.2 is the only thing I use (and I have converted my dad over to it, also) for office related stuff. Check HERE: http://projects.openoffice.org/native-lang.html and you will note that Danish is Level 2, meaning:
"Level 2 means localization, support, and other work"
As far as memory...
http://www.crucial.com/ will let you know what kind of ram you have and can get, and offer purchasing options right there.
You have a good system so I don't know why anything would create a problem, but maybe simply disabling the toolbar would fix everything; as you said it seemed to be a major part of the problem. Or you could check and see if there is an update for it- it may have been reported by other users.
-Brandon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version