ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (46/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Another update (for SnapSuite)...

This one I wasn't planning on putting as its own update, but I was forced to due JkDefrag. I completely ignored putting JkDefrag into the downloader's list of files. It was in my folder (I create a folder to see what "users" see, and make sure everything is there) but wasn't in the list. . This new downloader includes the latest version, JkDefrag 3.28. It also features a small splash screen and the new icon (BIG thanks to HamRadio for doing that for me :-*), to make up for my idiotic...ness. :P

New users:
Download the file below (run or save, your choice). Run it once it is done, and let it go to work. The program will launch automatically when it is done.

Existing users:
Download the file below and overwrite your old file (if you Ran the first file, you can Run it again or Save it). Run it once it is done, and pick Continue using the existing files. Once it is done, you will just have to update SnapSuite via the button below the SystemCare column.

EDIT: If you see a splash screen after the update, you don't need to do the second "Update SnapSuite". If you DON'T see a splash screen, then you DO need to update. It appears that it works without the 2nd part of the update.

EDIT 2: Don't download just yet, I am updating the code to retrieve the latest CCleaner version.

EDIT 3: OK, uploading build 90. I fixed a bunch of bugs that I just happened to come across- that was lucky! :)

EDIT 4: I am going to take about an hour and fix whatever is going on, something is going nuts somewhere. Just my luck. :-\

EDIT 5: If this post doesn't make me look crazy, I don't know what does. :-\ See below for my explanation and new version.

Curt:
This is horrible, Brandon!  :o

1) Setup created a new Directory: C:/Program Files/, instead of C:/%Program Files%/ ~ C:/Programmer/  in Danish.

2) Setup was not [Edit: "all" ] successfull, I guess, but ended with "gave me" an error message: [I missed to see the icon in the systray]

3) There is no uninstaller, and the program is not listed in XP's Add/Remove Programs.
The folder's content:

So what am I to do now?

wreckedcarzz:
That was the most confusing, pointless, idiotic 30 minutes of debugging I have ever used. The whole problem was that the downloader freaked out because I forgot to update the MD5 checksum. Then it failed to download correctly. Then it didn't work at all. (etc etc etc) Good grief...

Well, I fixed one more thing, updated the checksum, and cleaned up my workspace so that I won't go insane next time I try working on SnapSuite.

New users...
Download (Run or Save). Run the exe. SnapSuite will start automatically.

Existing users...
Delete the SnapSuite folder in Program Files ("CompuTech SnapSuite"). It will just make more sense to do that, then to try and sort through all the mess of the downloader. Run/Save the new downloader, let it do its thing, and SnapSuite will start automatically.

To everybody...
Sorry about that mess (*points up*) :-[. It was good, then one thing happened, then I had a snowball of events on my hands. This one DOES work, so (hopefully) enjoy. :)

wreckedcarzz:
Curt:

As for the directory thing: It has to be in that folder (Program Files) due to design (you can only change the drive letter). If you really need it in another folder, I can cook up a custom one for you in a few minutes.

As for the error: Yes, that was the bug I fixed before the MD5 checksum went nuts.

About no uninstaller: No, there isn't one. I am planning to make one soon.

I am REALLY sorry about that :(, the whole thing went to heck in a handcart really fast. Just delete the whole thing and get a new copy from above.

EDIT: I can't really apologize enough, but in case anyone else downloaded the bad version as well, I am sorry. The version above is good.

wreckedcarzz:
Another problem...

This one I can't control though. Appears JkDefrag STILL doesn't work on XP. Not sure though.

If you can't get it working, go here http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/JkDefrag-3.28.zip and copy JkDefrag.exe to the SnapSuite folder. That should fix it. Not sure why, but it seems to do the trick.

EDIT: I re-uploaded JkDefrag to the mazecraze site (where the downloader gets its files) so anyone after this post should have the working one. Wonder why it didn't take it the first time. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version