ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Changing properties of multiple files in WinXP?

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
I'd prefer somebody else to write the code - I hate COM with a passion, and the various constants and such necessary for this require a lot of digging around to find.

Mandork:
Thanks for your effort!  However, the scroll lock AHK script seems to just open the properties window, which is the same thing that alt + enter does.  I still have to select the appropriate tab and field for each file.

As you might have gathered from my "visitor" status, I'm pretty much a complete dunce with anything to do with code, even AHK or HTML (!) code, although I'm trying to learn.  I searched around the interweb to try and learn something about the whole NTFS multiple data stream issue, and I'm afraid I was rapidly in over my head.  Although this may be pointless technophobia, it seems that perhaps you can mess up your files if you're not careful?  I don't know about that, though.

One thing I have come across that may be of interest or shed light, however, is:

A shell add-in/utility that adds an option to add a comment to a folder to the right-click menu in Explorer (uh, what is the right term in this context?), called Hob Comment http://www.dr-hoiby.com/CommentExt/index.php.  This will only work for one file at a time, though--it does not appear in the menu if you select more than one.

No idea how it was done, though!

f0dder:
If nobody else wants to do it, give me a few days to gather some strength and dive into COM hell :)

lanux128:
by mentioning Hob Comment, you have reminded me of the ContextMenu Commander thread which is like a repository of sorts for all kinds of shell extensions.. maybe you'll like to take a peek there.. :)

justice:
Is it just me or is there no longer a way to edit any of the fields on these tabs in Vista? Would you lose information if you migrated to vista?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version