topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The Shopping Bags (tv show)  (Read 5475 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
The Shopping Bags (tv show)
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:20 AM »
I can't believe i'm posting this, but damn it this show has won me over, so please forgive me!

It's sort of a low budget consumer reports show, and they strike just the right tone.
Hosts are smart and non-nonsense too. I'm impressed! (It's also a rare show that a couple could really enjoy together).

Recent shows have compared: cigars, t-shirts, garbage bags, cake mixes, and so on.

Delivering practical consumer information for those who like to shop, award-winning journalists Anna Wallner and Kristina Matisic take their favourite pastime to new levels, putting a wide range of products and services to the test.

The Shopping Bags is the one-stop shop for anyone looking to make educated purchasing decisions in today's marketplace. Whether searching for new electronic equipment, stocking the pantry or wondering which vitamin supplements are best, the show provides inside information to help everyone become a smarter shopper. Fun, fast-paced and entertaining, The Shopping Bags tells viewers what they need to know before they buy.

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The Shopping Bags (tv show)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 01:06 PM »
Looks like the show could be interesting, but the website is a pain.  In the review section, for instance, you have to click on multiple links to read small blurbs of text that probably add up to a page or less of information.  Also, there are a lot of errors throughout the reviews.  For example, in the coffee beans review, I found this sentence:
For the freshest espresso, buy whole beans. That means you'll either have to buy a grinder.

Carl