ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does anyone use PhraseExpress?

(1/2) > >>

sri:
PhraseExpress organizes your frequently used text snippets and allows pasting them into any application.

Expand abbreviations as you type
Quickly handle email responses
Launch applications by entering shortcuts
--- End quote ---

Video demo: http://www.phraseexpress.com/demo.htm

I added some phrases to a folder in PE and associated a hot key to bring up the items in this folder. The menu comes up when selecting any item and hitting return doesn't paste the phrase. 

Screencast of how it's not working for me: http://www.sridhareena.com/addons/screencasts/PhraseExpress/Untitled.html

Any idea what's wrong? I would've posted on their official forum but for the spammy posts filled up there.

justice:
I did use it but I found the pasting of the phrases too slow for coding if I can remember right.
Do you have a screenshot of the screen where you have set the hotkey? That might help.

sri:
justice, Are you using any alternate program like this?

Here are the screenshots:

rjbull:
sri,

If you're having trouble with PhraseExpress, have you tried Type Pilot by Two Pilots?  It looks similar.  It's not free, though, and while the Speed Pilot freeware they do offer seems to work quite well, it's very limited.

If you're up for this kind of thing, there's a DC thread by Harrie on Instant Text and similar programs.  Also, AutoHotKey's "hotstrings" work very well.

justice:
I have tried several and although it seems actually Topstyle (my web editor) is mainly causing things to slow down, I have opted to create a small AutoHotkey script that I have running. Howeve I don't use a shortkey but a phrase: I type ty` and it gets replaced by a longer phrase instantly, that works better for me. I'll enclose it here in case you want to go a similar route.

But on your problem, you should try and pinpoint where the problem lies:
Do any of the example phrases work? if not try creating a new rootnode (you have created all your phrases of the "sample" folder, which has its own settings which might conflict). If the standad phrases work then it's probably a setting that needs changed.
If nothing work you might have another program running with the same shortcut or another program that logs your keys. Hope that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version