ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Mouse wheel enhancement for Windows

(1/1)

laughinglizard:
I ran across this little gem at Lifehacker http://www.lifehacker.com/ today.

It allows your mouse to scroll in *any* window or pane your mouse is in.
Not being able to do that has been an annoyance of mine for a long time.
I'm happy to report it works great, and the tray icon is cute (not a requirement but fun anyway).

http://www.code-scout.net/katmouse/
donationware

from the site:
"The prime purpose of the KatMouse utility is to enhance the functionality of mice with a scroll wheel, offering 'universal' scrolling: moving the mouse wheel will scroll the window directly beneath the mouse cursor (not the one with the keyboard focus, which is default on Windows OSes). This is a major increase in the usefullness of the mouse wheel.

Another feature involves the wheel button. Since the wheel button is not consistently used in Windows, KatMouse can use it for a kind of task switching: with a click of the wheel button you can push a window to the buttom of the stack of windows that is your desktop, making a recovered window the active window."

lanux128:
aye, i agree.. KatMouse is a must-have tool.. :Thmbsup:

TucknDar:
I can only second what lanux128 said. This tool has been essential for me for years. It's so frustrating working with other computers without KatMouse :'(

justice:
I have this installed as well. I have however disabled the middle button functionality as it confliced with the middle button closing in Opera ;) However it's still worth using for the universal scrolling, especially with a two (or more) monitors setup.

lanux128:
another program to complement KatMouse would be CursorUS, just try it and you'll see why.. :)

• CursorUS will allow your mouse cursor to move without interruption on reaching borders of the screen. Actual effect works by transfering pointer on opposite side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version