ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Movie Collector 5 released

<< < (3/8) > >>

mouser:
I will contact them and report.

Carol Haynes:
I have had a response which basically said "I'm sorry if our policy was not clear" but not offering a solution.

mouser:
Reply from the collectorz representative who i have talked to in the past:

Customers who want a free upgrade because of our former policy, can get one
without problems.  Just contact us using the contact form on our website.
-Syts
--- End quote ---

So it sounds to me like they will honor the lifetime free upgrades for anyone who bought it before this announcement, but you may have to take the extra step of mailing them and asking for it.  If you have any hassles don't hesitate to point out you are a member of DonationCoder or give them my email, and cite this reply we received.  And of course report to us if for some reason you are refused the free upgrade.

Carol Haynes:
Got a free license now - so happy ending.  :up:  :-*  :P ..... Until next time????

TucknDar:
Got a free license now - so happy ending.  :up:  :-*  :P ..... Until next time????
-Carol Haynes (May 02, 2007, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm happy to hear you got your license, Carol! However I think their business model stinks. Why should they give out "free" licenses to everyone e-mailing them if they've got a new pay-per-upgrade scheme? I think it's because they know how this will p*ss customers off, and they'll just please anyone who actually makes an effort to get what they paid for in the first place. How about the thousands of existing users that never visit their forum and only uses the built in update feature and pays the upgrade fee without asking questions? Collectorz.com will make a fortune on these customers.

I've also written some quite lengthy posts in their forum arguing that their software lacks an important feature (this is IMO of course, but I cannot fathom why multi-disc support is being left out :tellme: ) and that the big jump in version number (4.11 IIRC -> 5) isn't justified because one of the socalled major new features is limited to the brink of being a joke. They claim to support Box Sets now, but this is basically just a folder that links to the movies in the box set. No info on the box set can be added, such as price, cover image, barcode, you name it.

As you can tell I'm pretty disappointed by this new version of the app, because I was expecting decent box set support and multi-disc support, but got neither... And the new upgrade scheme...... give me an effin' break >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version