ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

To Vista or not to Vista that is the ?

<< < (7/12) > >>

Grorgy:
Was checking the tech alert newsletter, seems all the free firewalls arent vista compatible yet, but they are working on it so hopefully it wont be long.

Carol Haynes:
Odd that deleting a txt file would take so long. It would be pretty hard to believe that they screwed up deleting... I mean, MS would have to be pretty stupid to have it work perfectly since DOS, but somehow muck it up in Vista. I'd say it's more likely that the computer you were on was jacked up somehow. Maybe some stupid crap software the manufacturer forced on you?
-Hirudin (May 05, 2007, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

There were some very odd things in the beta about deleting files - I seem to remember one complaint was it took about nine mouse clicks to achieve a simple delete. I presume it is fixed in the final version but nothing would surprise me any more!

Curt:

* Sleep mode is broken, it kills your session -zridling (May 02, 2007, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you sure about this? I will find it most alarming!

f0dder:
Deleting files was broken even on XP :) - when I use shift+del to get rid of files instead of moving to recycle bin, every once in a while I would get 3-5 of the "are you sure?" messageboxes. Of course clicking *one* of them would delete the file, so saying yes to any of the others gives weird errors about the file not being there.

Fortunately just an explorer.exe bug, the underlying OS code is just fine, so no problems with xplorer^2. I assume the long-time-to-delete problem in vizzzduh is similar.

Carol Haynes:

* Sleep mode is broken, it kills your session -zridling (May 02, 2007, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you sure about this? I will find it most alarming!
-Curt (May 05, 2007, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes it was in the first public beta - to delete things you had to go through various dialogues that tried to persuade you not too. It was ludicrous (and not a bug) but I am sure it is sorted out in the final version (though I don't have it to try).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version