ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Hackety Hack — the Coder's Starter Kit

(1/2) > >>

zridling:
Coders of the world, be fruitful and multiply yourselves! At least that's one idea behind a clever new effort called, Hackety Hack, which holds — among other things — that coding has gotten too damn expensive lately with too little return. So, "let's take things into our own hands and bring hacking to the young folks." Even comes with a cheatsheet.

Hackety Hack was not written in seclusion for my imaginary friends. It was written with the help of fifty budding hackers who I personally mentored. Most had tried to program, but had failed to catch on. Some wanted to teach their kids.

app103:
I couldn't help but smile.  :D

Where was something like this 3 years ago? (I could have used it)

This link is being bookmarked for passing along to the curious that drop into my chatroom.

Thanks!

justice:
Sounds like great stuff, man! But you know, it is so easy?! People might get tired! Being all enthousiastic like that, wow! ;)
But I guess it's still refreshing in the programming language world, better then reading long dry volumes of reference manuals.
;)

wuwei23:
Where was something like this 3 years ago? (I could have used it)-app103 (May 01, 2007, 05:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

3 years ago you should've used why's (poignant) guide to ruby, out of which I'm guessing Hackety Hack evolved :)

why the lucky stiff has a great style, if you're interested in dynamic langs and Ruby in particular his guide makes an excellent starter.

Lashiec:
The design is cool! Now the only thing you need to be a true hacker is a "clickety clack" keyboard ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version