It's funny how events group themselves together... Serendipity
I think is an appropriate description
Anyway, one of the things I did at work today was to automate the setting of specific (and temporary) printer settings for the girls that I manage. I did it with some AutoIT scripts.
Not a difficult task, I presume that it would have been similar AHK, but it involved:
- opening and iterating through the printers in the Printers Folder
- Selecting the correct printer
- Opening the Printing Preferences by sending KeyStrokes to the window
MacroScheduler would have approached the problem in a completely different way, by:
- actually looking for the graphic display of the required printer in the Window list
- and clicking where it found it!
Both work, but I'd love to know how the two approaches compare in terms of speed
[You could all sorts of other neat stuff too, like looking at photos and seeing if they contain other defined images... I saw this done as a search tool somewhere once, where you could draw something on a canvas and the search engine would go off and look for images that resembled your drawing (or other photo)... where was that