ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Participate: Online survey of installed fonts

(1/2) > >>

Ampa:
As a web designer it is frustrating to be limited to the fonts that end users have installed on their machines. Yes, there are workarounds... use flash, use text > image replacement, use text > flash replacement.

Part of the frustration comes from the fact that we don't really know what fonts the majority of users have installed. To this end there are a couple of websites that are trying to gauge an accurate picture of the fonts available.

My request is that fellow DCers spare a few minutes to visit the following sites and participate in the surveys to further our understanding...

Visibone's font survey | Codestyle's font survey
Both are very straight forward, as they are fully automated, and will take only a few minutes of your precious time.

Thank you.

Curt:
---

1): 152 known fonts of 5549.

2): 361 fonts supported. 124 alphabetic. 231 new. 383 scanned.

---

Perry Mowbray:
1. 84 of 5549 fonts.
2. 72 fonts supported. 65 alphabetic. 1 new. 93 scanned.

I have spent zero time on this machine collecting fonts (I guess that shows  ;) )

jgpaiva:
1: 150 of 5549 fonts.
2: 162 fonts supported. 129 alphabetic. 27 new. 270 scanned.

I think i have too much fonts

app103:
1.) 221 of 5549 fonts.
2.) 243 fonts supported. 172 alphabetic. 62 new. 263 scanned.

This doesn't count the more than 12,000 I don't have installed.  :D

Warning to those with very old slow pc's: don't do this!

My P1 couldn't handle this. GDI & System resources quickly dropped to 0....and this is with trying the page after a fresh reboot.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version