ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Use locate32 with Farr -- outdated use plugin instead

<< < (4/6) > >>

lanux128:
since justice sold me the idea of converging farr & locate, i'm all for it.. it looks like the indexing is the next step forward.. :Thmbsup:

lanux128:
i modified justice's alias a bit but now i seem to have a problem but lack the know-how to correct it. the alias' syntax is "loc <keyword>" but now if i want to search for something that's say "local" then it's broken into "loc al".. so i'm posting here in the hope that some regex expert can help me out.. :)

here is the alias:

--- ---1000>>>locate32>->locate $$1 |C:\Program Files\Locate\Locate32.exe -r $$1>n>locate $$1 with filetype $$2 |C:\Program Files\Locate\Locate32.exe -t $$2 -r $$1>+>^loc(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)

mouser:
anyone who has been hoping for better farr interaction with locate needs look no further.  someone has just made a proper locate plugin for farr that is quite extraordinary and works wonderfully.

the really amazing thing on top of it's functionality is that the plugin was written in Delphi -- which is no small feat since all of the supporting helper code i wrote for farr plugin api was in c++, so he had to recreate a bunch of stuff in delphi. 

very impressive but the real sweet icing on the cake is that now anyone who wants to can use delphi to make a farr v2 plugin by starting with his skeleton code and just customizing a couple of functions.

i can't wait till he posts it  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

lanux128:
this is fantastic news.. :Thmbsup: i, for one will be awaiting this release eagerly.. :)

Armando:
This is great!!! And I wonder who this "someone" is...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version