ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Xara X1 for $19 (less than £10)

(1/3) > >>

Ampa:
Xara are at it again... offering their exceptional software at knock down prices.

This time it is Xara X1 for only $19 (less than £10) - this is the predecessor to their flagship product Xara Xtreme. Check out the feature comparison for the details of differences.

At this price I consider it a must purchase, especially as you can then upgrade to Xara Xtreme (for $39) or Xara Xtreme Pro (for $120).

Note - perhaps hold off on the upgrade for a month or two, since Xara have also announced imminent new releases with some great new features.

Ampa
(DonationCoder's 2nd biggest Xara fan)

Carol Haynes:
You don't have to hold off - it says new orders of Xtreme or Xtreme Pro get a free update.

Actually I am pretty annoyed as the Pro discs only shipped in January - let's see what they offer existing users.

[edit] Actually I have just written to their marketing department suggesting that Pro users should get an 'at cost' upgrade for the media and shipping costs since it is unreasonable to expect loyal users to cough up every couple of months! I'll feed back if/when I get a reply.

As usual anyone tempted by the x1 offer and any further upgrade pricing please use the link in my sig to place you order and I get a few pennies at no cost to you.

Cheers

Darwin:
Thanks for contacting marketting, Carol. I've been feeling a bit peeved about this as well (though Xara/Magix have been so vague about what exactly is going to happen to XX Pro that perhaps my peevishness is without substance) as by my reckoning they've only released one minor update since Pro was released in December. I'll wait to hear about the response that you get.

Darwin:
PS X1 is an excellent alternative to Illustrator - picking it up at this price is a must for anyone who feels that they might even be tempted to dabble in vector graphics, as ampa notes.

cthorpe:
I have a copy of Xara XS (from a covermount on a magazine).  Any idea how it compares to X1?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version