ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Super Flexible File Synchronizer Mini-Review

<< < (2/22) > >>

mouser:
see here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8229.msg58896
short answer: found a cool local store i didn't know about before and got a nice new power supply, and all is well with the world  :up:

nevf:
I've been using SFFS for many years and happily recommend it. Tobias also provides very good support.

urlwolf:
Very good review!

When I got to the "HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO SIMILAR APPS" section, the list I see (written by Tobias?) left me unimpressed. I think it is incomplete. In fact, cheaper tools can do most of the items mentioned (i.e., syncBack), whereas there are things that only SFFS can do that are not on the list.

Example:

* sftp support

* amazon S 3 support

* delta updating of *files* (i.e., if a big file is changed, only the changes are copied, not the entire file)

* resuming a profile after something went wrong easily and reliably

* caching the index so you do not have to reindex large drives that change little (saves lots of time)

* low memory and CPU usage (take that, backUp4all!)

* a feeling of reliability overall
rc12 is out, btw.
I didn't know the wizard mode was added already.

I think SFFS can easily replace any of the traditional backup utilities, and be more transparent, reliable, and less of a resource hog. And did I mention faster?

In summary, highly recommended!

mouser:
By the way, discount on SFFS coming in May  :up:

zridling:
urlwolf, sorry about that. I had trouble with the "HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO SIMILAR APPS" section because although I've registered and used SyncBack and DirSync in the past, I was too lazy to take the time to compare and contrast them. Maybe you could help us out with a brief outline of differences among 2-3 sync apps?

Reading urlwolf's reviews over at FileForum led me to take a second look at SFFS, and I concur that the first impression it makes is its speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version