ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Super Flexible File Synchronizer Mini-Review

<< < (13/22) > >>

J-Mac:
Thanks Armando - I had missed that post by Tom.

Well, I found the forum but it is a bitch to register for it. I think they can kiss my...  you get the thought. Damn thing wants ALL your personal info: address phone number, etc. Bull! Tells me I can fill any fields I don’t wish to complete with the correct number of ######, but it keeps returning asking for a valid phone number. And it clears the password and a few other fields each time. Hate that with a passion! And since it is a dynamic form the Lazarus extension doesn’t work on it.

Why the hell does a software support forum need my address and phone number? Intrusive crap!

A little ranting tonight, yes?   :P

Jim

tomos:
I never did join that forum myself - never got around to trying to join it I mean. It was on my list, but my list is long and I keep ignoring it :)
Luckily - as I said above - the author (Tobias Giesen) is, in my experience, extremely responsive and very quick with fixes, if necessary. Email details here:
http://www.superflexible.com/contact.htm

superboyac:
Why the hell does a software support forum need my address and phone number? Intrusive crap!

A little ranting tonight, yes?   :P

Jim
-J-Mac (September 01, 2010, 12:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Join the club! As Kramer says, "Why does Radio Shack ask for your phone number when you buy batteries?"

But, as tomos said, Tobias is very responsive to emails.

J-Mac:
Oh, I do write to Tobias when needed. Just thought it would be nice to be able to ask questions of other users on a forum.   :)

Thanks!

Jim

tomos:
[...] Just thought it would be nice to be able to ask questions of other users on a forum.   :)
-J-Mac (September 01, 2010, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that would be very nice.
It's great that there's so many options in SFFS, but even though the help is fairly good, there's times I just dont know how to approach a backup. Speaking of which...

The interface on SFFS is pretty crummy.  I was really hoping Tobias was going to revamp it for version 5.  I feel it needs the same type of overhaul DOpus went through for it's options dialog a couple of versions back.  There are too many options to sort through all those tabs.  It's overwhelming.  That needs to be done in a different way.  And the thing you mention about the grid showing the backups...yes, that could definitely be improved.  I also really think he should change the dialog where you select the individual folders you want backed up (with checkboxes).  For as long as I've used it, he's done that in a really funky way with radio buttons, which makes no sense to me.
-superboyac (August 31, 2010, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

He did change it for version 4 (?) but it wasnt much of an improvement IMO - in the older version it was actually easier to get an overview. I've forgotten already exactly how it was done - it wasnt that it was that good either. As you say, I think it needs a complete overhaul. I wouldnt know how to approach it myself there's so much there.
Funny, it's easy to say where a GUI is crappy, but if it came to a complete overhaul I just wouldnt know where to begin...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version