ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Super Flexible File Synchronizer Mini-Review

<< < (16/22) > >>

superboyac:
You know, I complain sometimes about the interface of SFFS, but that darn thing can do everything!  Super Flexible is an extremely accurate name.  I just started using this feature I wasn't aware of which will monitor the USB ports, and detect when my files changed or when I stick my drive in, and it will run the profile.  I was all set to find another third-party program to take care of that for me.  And in typical SFFS fashion, the options are ALL covered:

That's what I'm talking about, baby!  Don't give me command line switches and stuff.  Buttons!  Checkboxes!  Dialogs!  Drop-downs!  Tabs!  Color-pickers!  Let's go!

tomos:
That's what I'm talking about, baby!  Don't give me command line switches and stuff. 
Buttons!  Checkboxes!  Dialogs!  Drop-downs!  Tabs!  Color-pickers!  Let's go!
-superboyac (February 08, 2011, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D +1

tomos:
With version 5.49/a I had a problem with the "Background Scheduler" on two different machines (XP & Win7). It didnt start with windows/login as it should. There has been updates since which may have resolved this, but apparently the best thing to do (for those not in the know) is to install the "Service Scheduler".
Details here
http://superflexible.com/docup.htm

superboyac:
With version 5.49/a I had a problem with the "Background Scheduler" on two different machines (XP & Win7). It didnt start with windows/login as it should. There has been updates since which may have resolved this, but apparently the best thing to do (for those not in the know) is to install the "Service Scheduler".
Details here

-tomos (August 18, 2011, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting.  I know in the older versions, there was some complicated setup of the service installation vs background running, etc.  In the newer version, it seemed to be simplified to a start/stop button in the application that worked much better than before, and the installer stopped asking the user if they wanted to install the service.  I've had no problems with it since, but if I wanted to have the service running in a more dedicated manner, I'd use the service.  I like being able to easily start stop it right now with the button.

tomos:
Details here

-tomos (August 18, 2011, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting.  I know in the older versions, there was some complicated setup of the service installation vs background running, etc.  In the newer version, it seemed to be simplified to a start/stop button in the application that worked much better than before, and the installer stopped asking the user if they wanted to install the service.  I've had no problems with it since, but if I wanted to have the service running in a more dedicated manner, I'd use the service.  I like being able to easily start stop it right now with the button.
-superboyac (August 18, 2011, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

think we need a screenshot to clarify -

You can still stop/start it AFAICS.**
After my experience I would highly recommend using the Service Scheduler (Tobias also recommended it over the "Background" one when I reported the problem). I'm just after installing it on Win7 but I cant remember was the service selected or not - didnt get installed anyways. You can install it by selecting it from the drop-down list (see mouse arrow) and then install options show.

** Edit/ no, it's not clear - if I click on "Stop Scheduler" it still says "service is running", as in the lower part of the screenshot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version