ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Quality Comparison: 8 x freeware PDF Readers / Viewers

<< < (18/22) > >>

urlwolf:
Rendering quality on pdf-Xchange has improved recently.
Scrolling is better than on Acrobat.
It's my primary pdf tool now.

Still, there are some nasty bugs and the entire thing feels clumpsy. I've had problems with the installer not updating it. Using portable version again now.

J-Mac:
I've had my share of problems with PDF-Xchange. Don't now if they are universal issues or specific to my setup.

For one, any time I open a document with PDF-Xchange, it sets itself as the default PDF reader - without asking. Annoying as all hell! And lately it has been running OK and then suddenly starts crashing if I open more than two documents with it. Again, very weird. I, too, am now using the portable version.

Jim

urlwolf:
Oh, so I'm not alone... if PDF-Xchange made planes, I would not fly on them.

Tuxman:
Another PDF viewer, apart from the "big players" listed here, is apvlv.
Its "special feature" are keybindings like Vim has.

For example, < Ctrl-f > to forward page, < Ctrl-b > to previous page, 'k','j','h','l' to scrolling a page up, down, left or right, and so on.
--- End quote ---

Free, open source and multi-platform. GTK though, so not really optimized for a fast startup.

:D

Lutz_:
Over here no problems at all with PDF-Xchange.  It has the speed of Foxit and the rendering quality of adobe. All good.

Oh, so I'm not alone... if PDF-Xchange made planes, I would not fly on them.
-urlwolf (October 05, 2009, 05:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version