ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Quality Comparison: 8 x freeware PDF Readers / Viewers

<< < (11/22) > >>

Darwin:
In the same vein as Grorgy's posts above, I just received this offer for PDF Converter 4. This triggered a memory as well - Bits du Jour is set to feature the same app on Wednesday the 29th (of August). Most likely it'll be the same discount... but you never know! I use the Professional version of PDF Converter 4 and am very happy with it. Still, heed my advice above about checking apps in this segment out before comitting... Another great choice, and Zaine's recommendation on the Great Software List is FinePrint's PDF Factory. He also likes Nitro PDF. That should give you a good start on the shareware options, anyway!

Darwin:
As luck would have it, this review of four pdf creators just came out in PC Magazine.

urlwolf:
So Darwin, is nuance v.4 rock solid? Any random crashes? They don't seem to have a trial version...

urlwolf:
Testing visagesoft expert PDF...
Before anyone install this on their computer, you should know that someone who actually makes a living out of designing software thought it was cool to waste about an inch of top-quality screen real state just displaying the name of the product.

Do we have a price for this person? expert PDF font rendering is magnificent; the feature set is actually very good for the price. But you have to be a special kind of stupid to waste this much screen when basically anyone wants as much of the reading area displayed as possible.

visagesoft CEO, if you are reading this... push that button that triggers the trapdoor under the current designer's feet!

urlwolf:
dealbreakers for PDF-exchage:
no keyboard shorcuts
no way to undo a highlight
No way to remove toolbars

These are minor things, I bet it takes less that 24h dev. time to fix them... are they responsive to user requests in their forums?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version