topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Getting things done with Tracks  (Read 10518 times)

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Getting things done with Tracks
« on: April 26, 2007, 02:06 PM »
I am very much into this social networking stuff and thus happily played around with netvibes.com. I have my many feeds spread across several tabs now. On my tab technews I am rssding ("reading" plus "rss" ;)) NewsForge: The Online Newspaper for Linux and Open Source.

Today they fed me this: Getting things done with Tracks, which leads to the full article at linux.com.

To make a long story short: The heading (GTD) caught my eye, so I felt I had to tell you about this. Apparently the author uses a software called Tracks to GTD.

tracks-logo-dark.png

I was determined to adopt the popular organizational method. I searched for a solid software tool to track projects and next actions, and found dozens of desktop-oriented applications to choose from. One of the GTD axioms is to collect all of your tasks, projects, and lists in one place; since I regularly use four PCs and laptops and a mobile phone, finding a GTD-aware tool that would run as a Web app was paramount. I settled on Tracks; it is open source, easy to use, and accessible from anywhere.

I have not tried to GTD, with or without Tracks; however I remembered it was a rather important "thing" (for lack of a better word) on donationcoder.com. I hope someone will GMTD (get more things done) with tracks, or at least G1TD (get one thing done). While I didn't take active part in the GEO experiment I do have it in the back of my mind constantly.

Anyway, maybe someone finds it useful. At least you will be reminded of GEO :D

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:32 PM by housetier »

Tekzel

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Getting things done with Tracks
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:31 PM »
This software scares me.  If I actually got something done, I would probably die outright.